Problem SmallStepBack with DVDs
I have my personal keymap.xml configured to use ctrl-b as smallstepback.

It works fine when I play a regular video (mkv or divx). But, if I play a DVD natively or from a ripped file, either folder structure or ISO, the CTRL-B skips ahead about 2 minutes. Same with using rewind on an MCE Remote and the left arrow. If I use the down keyboard arrow, it goes back about 5 minutes and does not seem to be a chapter skip.

This has me thoroughly stumped.

Any ideas?
This has been an issue in XBMC for as long as I can remember. Rewind/Smallstepback always shoots FORWARD for me, but ONLY with DVD's.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
It's been a few months since I posted this. It is kind of baffling to me that software whose primary function is to play back media has such a glaring bug.

Does anyone have any idea as to whether this is even being addressed anywhere and if so when a fix is expected?

Thanks
Is there any way to get this issue in the forefront for the developers? XBMC really could be the best if it didn't have little bugs like this. Shouldn't a "Media Center" have the most basic functionality of playing a DVD properly?

Thanks,

kazooless
Never had the above issue, and I've followed the project since it was XBMP
Are you using Windows? I have done clean installs and used different computers and can always find the problem. It is very consistent and others here have noted the problem too.

I just ripped an ISO of Superman Returns DVD and when it plays, it will go forward when I hit SmallStepBack or Rewind.
kazooless Wrote:Are you using Windows? I have done clean installs and used different computers and can always find the problem. It is very consistent and others here have noted the problem too.

I just ripped an ISO of Superman Returns DVD and when it plays, it will go forward when I hit SmallStepBack or Rewind.

Read the specs in my sig. That will tell you I'm on windows for both server and client. Never had your problem, just tried on both my ISO and DVD of superman returns to double check. No problem on my end.
That is interesting. I didn't see your signature before since I was reading it on my iPhone. Sorry.

I see you have 2 systems. I have one. You are 64-bit server my single system is 32-bit Windows 7.

Have you always had a split system? Maybe that is the difference.

You can see the person above has always had the problem too and a friend of mine says that it has existed since the beginning because of one of the open source projects included.

Is there another place to report bugs and submit logs? Maybe there is a different way to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,

Kazooless
Isamu,

I just created an OpenELEC bootable USB key and booted into it. Upon running the Superman Returns ISO, I hit the left arrow of my Windows Media Center remote and it skipped forward. If I hit the same button in an MKV, then it goes back 30 seconds.

When I insert the Superman Returns disc, it doesn't work correctly.

When running Spiderman 3 disc, it seems that it is working okay.

When running a folder rip of Get Smart Season 1, it seems it is working okay.

Are you hitting the same keys as me?

kazoo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem SmallStepBack with DVDs0