move videos to a different hard drive
Hi all: My main hard drive of movies is now getting pretty full, less then 50 gig left. How can I move all those to a new hard drive without messing up the library? I know I can reassign drive letters in Windows management, but I do not wish to do that because the drive getting full also has many utilities registered with windows. I sure do not want to resource the whole library, it was enough hassle getting it to scan movies the first time.
to be specific I would like to move all videos from E drive to F drive and not change drive letter assignments.
Thank you.
-Stampee
Export the library, edit the drive letters in your favourite text editor then import the library again.

JR
How do I edit the exported Library? All the files are in TBN format and when I open them they are encrypted or hexadecimal or some such crap format. Also there are thousands of files. I sure cant be editing thousands of files by hand.
-Stampee
You want the export to single file option. This will create a single videodb.xml file that you can edit in any text editor. A global search/replace should do the job. There will be subdirectories containing TBN files, JPGs etc, and these should be left as they are.

JR
Wish I'd have known this sooner, I just moved all my viedeos over to a new drive updated the library all over again - you'd have thought that if you "edit" an existing source that XBMC would do this automatically.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
move videos to a different hard drive0