XBMC in Windows 7 -- Poor video
I installed XBMC 10.1 in Windows 7. When I start a video (.avi, .mkv) the video doesn't automatically start. To get the video to start I have to press the 'P' button twice. The video doesn't go for long though. After just a Few seconds it stops like it is paused.

Not sure what's going on here but any help would be appreciated.
We need a debug log to see what's happening. Enable debug logging in System settings, System, Debugging then try to play a video. To open the debug log close XBMC, press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log

Go to pastebin.com, paste in the contents of the log and post the link here.

Have you got speakers or headphones connected to your PC? The symptoms you describe are similar to those when XBMC can't find an audio device. Windows 7 detects no speakers/headphones are connected and helpfully disables the audio device.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:We need a debug log to see what's happening. Enable debug logging in System settings, System, Debugging then try to play a video. To open the debug log close XBMC, press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log

Go to pastebin.com, paste in the contents of the log and post the link here.

Have you got speakers or headphones connected to your PC? The symptoms you describe are similar to those when XBMC can't find an audio device. Windows 7 detects no speakers/headphones are connected and helpfully disables the audio device.

JR

Thanks for the reply. That's probably it. I was setting up XBMC without the speakers connected. I had no idea it would be an issue.

Would this cause issues with XBMCLive too?
nicnicman Wrote:Would this cause issues with XBMCLive too?

No, or at least probably not. It's a quirk of the Windows DirectX system.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC in Windows 7 -- Poor video0