Playing Rips in Library view
Question 
I think this must have been answered before, but I have searched (as well as I could think) read the FAQ, looked through the wiki, and I can't seem to find an specific answer to my problem.

I have ripped two TV series DVDs using DVDfab to a standard format or audio/video folders:
- one I left as the audio/video folders (The Inbetweeners)
- one I converted using MakeMKV into MKV files (Fawlty Towers)

I added the folders (separately) each as a source, I can view the files and play them in file view.

When I go to library view I see the show info with banner and plot, but no episodes are listed.

For the MKV version the episodes have been renamed to the correct format Fawlty Towers.SO2.E01 etc, but I am missing something as it doesn't work.

Any advice appreciated.

Steve

PS Films I have no problem with, I have also one other series that is fine.

xbmc v10.1 Win7 64bit

Debug Log
Steeve

Firstly check that your naming convention (for Fawlty Towers anyway) is S01E01 - try without the fullstop and make sure its the number 0 you use to denote the season number - looks from the example that it is the letter O - though might just be a typing error.
What an idiot! I had it as SO2 instead of S02, plus I removed the extra full stop and renamed the folder from Fawlty Towers S02E01E02E03E04 to just Fawlty Towers and it now works in the Library View.

Thank you very much.

Now if anyone could help with the standard DVD rips, whilst still keeping the menus intact, it would be great. I tried the advanced xml file, but only cut & paste someone elses and have little idea what I am doing in that area.

Thanks Again.

Steve
Ok, I've got a work around to the Raw DVD Rips issue, I converted the audio_ts & video_ts files using DVD shrink into a single .iso image. I named the image as eg "Show name.S01E01E02", now Xbmc picks the correct shows and plays the files like a standard DVD.

Would have preferred not to have to use DVDshrink to do this, but as it works I'll use it.

Steve

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing Rips in Library view0