Videos not showing in Video List / Missing Tv series
rjuno65 Wrote:just as an fyi and for future reference, my problem was not with access rights. xbmc could always see all (sub)directories (backend is a Windows 2008 File/AD Server)... The problem seemed to be coming from badly formed NFOs by Ember Media Manager or by the Passion-XBMC web site, not sure which yet. If I use the internal TMDB scraper to refresh the NFO of movies that are not showing up in the list, there they are!! Now refreshing a truck load of movies manually is not my idea of fun but hey... i'm slowly getting there! I prefer doing it manually to make sure the results are what they need to be!

Its great and sad that there are other people who have this same issue. regarding the point above... my XBMC installation doesn't even see the directories. So annoyingly i can't even refresh the scraped data.

As a resolution I am going to try out windows media centre for a bit. I figure that all the solutions i have tried so far are all LINUX vs Windows. I shall install Win7 and try to see if ther is better pairing between Windows Vs Windows.

Perhaps this issue will absolve itself in a later version of XBMC. I hope so... i do like XBMC.

Peace out.
i know this is kind of a dead thread now, but i thought i;d give an update.

I installed windows7 on my Aspire Revo. And i installed windows flavour of XBMC.

After setting up the sources.xml file properly... i can now see all my movies listed correctly.

The bootup time is not THAT much different from the live versino of xbmc. A couple of seconds longer perhaps... but still nothing worth fretting over. Shutting down takes much longer as the windows default for the power off switch on the remote, is to SLEEP the machine. Not ideal... but that is just a case of tweaking the keymaps i'm sure.

To everyone in this thread who was missing films. Try Windows7-XBMC.
There have been a number of slight variations throughout this thread regarding the problem. My issue seemed identical to the initial posting. Win7 server with about 450 movies and ATV2 only showing 325.

I could see the folders of the missing movies in VIDEO/FILES but I didn't see the movie files in them. Come to find out, each missing movie was not being shared. The source directory was shared but evidently some of the movie file were not. Once I shared them to "Everyone", they scraped into XBMC without a problem.

I went to the movie folder, selected the movie and clicked the "Share" button at the top of the window. In the pop up, select to share it with Everyone".

I assumed that once you share the source, everything in it would be available but somehow when I created the files, they were marked as not being shared.

Hope this helps someone out there.
DougGoodwin-

I think that the "share it with everyone" option may be new to Win7. My server is still running WinXP. I went and looked, and I don't see an option like that. That being said, I've reinstalled my Revo with the latest version of the XBMC Live CD, and it's still not picking things up. Very frustrating.

I may end up installing WinXP on the Revo & running XBMC on that, just to see where I end up...
FreeMan xbmc Wrote:DougGoodwin-

I think that the "share it with everyone" option may be new to Win7. My server is still running WinXP. I went and looked, and I don't see an option like that. That being said, I've reinstalled my Revo with the latest version of the XBMC Live CD, and it's still not picking things up. Very frustrating.

I may end up installing WinXP on the Revo & running XBMC on that, just to see where I end up...

Interesting. I checked on one of my XP machines and didn't see anything regarding sharing or security per file either. Something to keep in mind, I never consciously set any security on the files as I created them and I created almost all of them the same way. Why this security setting happened is a mystery to me. Regardless, the security settings are there whether I am viewing them via an XP machine or Win7.

Assuming your issue is identical to mine, the problem seems to lay within the movie file itself. Something about the file needs to be adjusted. I am a novice at best and make no claim to having any expertise with this stuff. I would be interested to know if you moved one of your problem files to a Win7 machine, changed it to share with Everyone, then moved it back to XP, would it make a difference? It doesn’t seem logical that it would but there are so many variables at work, I wouldn’t know. Besides, the problem itself doesn’t appear to follow much logic either. Still, it may be a curious experiment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos not showing in Video List / Missing Tv series0