netflix and hulu add-ons
hello everybody i'm new the the site but not new to modding and tweeking.

ok, for the last week i've been tring to get XCMB installed and working on my htpc. first i started out with a XP PRO set up and had xbmc some what workng but was unable to log into NETFLEX. it just errors out when tring to connet to neflix.

hulu logs in and i can even get all the way to the movie or show i want and click on it, but it will not play the movie. wait for a good 10min and nothing. pick another movie or show and it pops up and says 0ne or more video failed to play.

all of my ripped and other videos play. i'm even able to play other online videos, cartoon network, cbs, etc.....but hulu and netflix will not.

i've thought that it was XP and a friend "gave" me a full copy of vista. loaded it up. updated vista and then started over with the proper steps to installing xbmc.

my videos look better and it runs smoother then before. but still netflix will not log in and hulu still will not play videos.

sorry for being a newbie.
The Hulu and Netflix addons suffer from playback issues on occasion. Those site are not very XBMC friendly. Especially Hulu. Your best bet is to find the threads for each addon and check to see if anyone else has playback problems as well. If not then post your issues there with a link to your XBMC debug log for the addon dev to see.
hey thank you.

yeah after the third format and reinstall of windows and with the proper steps to installing xcmb and add-ons. i got it all to work. now for a fourth time, just so i know it's a clean install.
kricker Wrote:The Hulu and Netflix addons suffer from playback issues on occasion. Those site are not very XBMC friendly. Especially Hulu. Your best bet is to find the threads for each addon and check to see if anyone else has playback problems as well. If not then post your issues there with a link to your XBMC debug log for the addon dev to see.
Unfriendly, yes. I'm getting real close on Hulu Desktop working here though. Mostly coincidental I think, as my mapping of Hulu Desktop to one of my remote keys works real well as far as Hulu loading and unloading seamlessly. It really is as if Hulu is, in fact, an XBMC component.

I am still having a slight stuttering issue with Hulu in HD though. I'm reading that an upgrade to IE latest and greatest may resolve it but I kinda doubt that. I'm thinking it has more to do with XBMC running in the background, which no screen blanking or power save has worked for yet. Those XBMC features enable even if another program is running in the foreground. Either that or I'm unaware how to properly configure them.
lol, I don't mean to be an arse, but it's X-B-M-C, as in X BOX MEDIA CENTER...

Although, XCenter Media Box works too, come to think of it!Nod
XCenter Media Box is kind of a cool name, actually.
branlr Wrote:lol, I don't mean to be an arse, but it's X-B-M-C, as in X BOX MEDIA CENTER...

Although, XCenter Media Box works too, come to think of it!Nod

lol, i had just popped in and did a quick reply.

XCenter Media Box. i like it!
Xperience Cinema Media Box

or

the Xperience Box Media Center!
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
netflix and hulu add-ons0