Weird behavior: Brightness
I LOVE XBMC...

I used to play my movies with PS3 Media Server (and my PS3). Now I use my PC connected to my TV screen.

PC: AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz
4 Gigs of ram
Nvidia Geforce 9400GT 1 Gig Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

OoHere is my problem:
Video is smooth, looks great. But when the scene in the movie is dark you can see the brightness levels are a tad too high (so the black parts in the scene looks "smokey").

When the scene goes from dark to daylight, you can see the brightness level change to a lower level, and the picture looks perfect.

The part that drives me crazy is when the scene is not too dark, and you can see the brightness level flickering back and forth.

I know this is not my TV, because when I play movies via my PS3, this does not happen.

Any help will be much appreciated. Smile

Thanks
Have you gone thru the various Nvidia advanced driver settings to make sure nothing is set whaky in there?
kricker Wrote:Have you gone thru the various Nvidia advanced driver settings to make sure nothing is set whaky in there?

There's a setting called "dynamic contrast" or something like that, and this can cause the effect you see if it's enabled.

JR
Dynamic contrast... I guess I have to look for that.

The only thing I did in the NVidia control panel was to adjust the overscan of my TV. Besides that nothing else.

Thanks for the info, I'll let you guys know if that cured the problem.
Also check the settings of the TV.
I do have this exact problem using the Nightlies. I use an AMD card though, so it won't be an nVidia setting. Does anyone know if AMD added something to their drivers lately which adds dynamic contrast behaviour? I don't get the flickering with other video sources connected to the TV set...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird behavior: Brightness0