Sudden problems with stuttering video
Please help! Spent two hours tonight troubleshooting this. Before this, I have been running XBMC on the same setup for a year with no problems.

This evening, everything I play in XBMC has the following problems:

- Takes about 5 seconds to load. Audio stars after about two seconds. Before I see the video, I quickly see a few grey lines across the screen
- During playback, audio plays smoothly but video stutters
- Video artifacts when it first starts playing

I made a few changes to my system tonight, but even after undoing those I still have this problem. I installed Autohotkey, but then stopped it running. I upgraded from 10.0 to 10.1, but uninstalled 10.1 and installed 10.0, but still had the same problem.

I updated to the most recent Nvidia drivers just in case.

I confirmed that DXVA is enabled, and that it is functioning correctly when the movie is playing back.

I am NOT having the problem if I load a movie outside of XBMC, in VLC.

I did not make any changes at all to XBMC itself when this problem started occurring.

Debug log:
http://pastebin.com/X6urhZ9P

Other info:

- Windows 7 64 bit
- XBMC 10.1
- ASRock Ion 330 Pro system

Thank you very much for your help!
So it seems like this might be related to refresh rate. If I toggle the force refresh rate option, under dxva, it plays better but has really bad artifacting when seeking. Disabling the fullscreen option beneath that helped though.

My desktop refresh is set to 60hz, is that right?
I have the same issue.. If i reset the system it works fine.. Leave it overnight and Tada.. happens again.. very anoying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sudden problems with stuttering video0