[XBMC-LIVE][HOW-TO] Install nightly to get Alaska Revisited working
Rainbow 
X3lectric Wrote:if your going to rip off someones work please at leat given them credit...

this is where you ripping your shit off from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89817 please dont do it again without giving credit.

and btw nano doesnt require so much messing around specially to peeps who have no idea about linux

so that everyone knows thers no issues building from git sometimes it happens that main trunk gets screwed up thats why my ppas for nightlies stoped

I don't understand why you're so upset. I made a good faith effort to link back to the original post so people can follow up and check for similar issues, hell i even included comments in the script itself pointing back to the original post - there's no way i could have made it any clearer.
Code:
# Script to compile xbmc from source
# Created by boykster @ http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=738445&postcount=36

The reason i reposted it here was because i needed to a nightly build to get this skin working and took a lot of searching to find out how to get it. I assumed that a lot of other users were probably in the same boat (trying to install alaska) and thought i would make it more accessible by posting the link and simplified instructions here.

I appreciate your work and i'm sorry for not giving the right credit - it wasn't malicious, i just didn't know and i never tried to pass it off as my own work.

Regarding not knowing linux, people learn by actually doing the work. They might fuss with vi for a while but in the end it's a learning experience. No one should be using nightly builds if they expect a package that's a 100% wrapped up and ready to go. Now if we can stop clogging the post with credit related info and actually help some people.

Cheers.

ps: just edited the original post to include a a link to original thread in bold red on the first line.
Like my post? please up my reputation, it faced the wrath of X3lectric over this post
[HOW-TO][FRODO] Configure XBOX 360 Wireless Controller
[HOW-TO][Frodo] XBOX DVD Remote/Dongle
Tried to use this script.
It seems to get most of the way through, but then fails as per Rumik's post on the first page...

Code:
configure: error: Could not find a required library. Please see the README for your                          platform.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: Entering directory `/root/setup/xbmc/lib/addons/script.module.pil'
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: Leaving directory `/root/setup/xbmc/lib/addons/script.module.pil'
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
xbmc-live start/running, process 4505
This is a fresh install of XBMCLive Dharma 10.1.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMC-LIVE][HOW-TO] Install nightly to get Alaska Revisited working1