• 14(current)
Problem with Apple TV 2 - 4.3.1 with Jailbreak
trevez Wrote:enough of this hours of messing around. Hours of my life I will never get back. I just JB 4.3.1 with snowbreeze and had xbmc issues also half working SMB. Re-jailbroke with seasonpass and its a lot better! All this coz I wanted 5.1 for Netflix!!! Nod

I too am thinking of downgrading to "4.2.1 (8C154) = AC3/DTS working" I didnt save SHSH blobs so hopefully it will work!

I dont believe you can downgrade without saved blobs anymore.
User 75654 Wrote:I restored my Apple TV to default 4.3 through iTunes and saved the SHSH blobs with Tiny Umbrella in case something went wrong. I did the untethered jailbreak with seas0npass, installed XBMC nightly, Nito TV and updatebegone via apt-get.

SMB is streaming fine at 720p from my Debian server in the basement via powerline ethernet. I browsed for the SMB shares to add them to XBMC. I watched a full episode of Come Fly With Me with no buffering or stuttering. Add-ons are also working... I watched a short episode of Geekbeat TV in HD on Revision3 via the add-on just to make sure.

Audio is working fine, but I'm just using HDMI plugged right into the TV for now.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the whole thing so far and thanks to XBMC for letting me replace my big HTPC with a tiny box. I just added this as there may not be as many issues with the nightly and the jailbreak as people may think reading this post.

Yeah I am streaming movies great from Navi-X with Nighltly build. The only issue I have is fast forwarding in movies.

I am really happy with what I got, no complaints here. Amazing as is.
badcrc32 Wrote:Yeah I am streaming movies great from Navi-X with Nighltly build. The only issue I have is fast forwarding in movies.

I am really happy with what I got, no complaints here. Amazing as is.

Bole5 posted a patch that has solved the ff in movies issue.
Its posted in the atv forum.
Sad 
mingolo Wrote:Ok, couldn't stop myself and did a complete walkthrough that provides:
- A) a unthethered jailbreak
- B) working XBMC, with audio and smb

1) Jailbreak your AppleTV with Seas0nPass according to the following jailbreak:
http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605

2) Log into you AppleTV via ssh:
$ ssh root@<your ATV2 IP address>

root@<your ATV2 IP address>'s password: ''enter your password here, it should be "alpine" if you haven't changed it''

3) Add the missing repository and make update on the AppleTV:
$ echo "deb http://apt.saurik.com/ tangelo-3.7 main">/etc/apt/sources.list.d/saurik.list
$ apt-get update
$ apt-get -f install

4) Install the latest nightly build from xbmc:
a - $ wget http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb
(then hit enter and wait until its done)
b - $ dpkg -i xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb
(then hit enter and wait until its done)

5) Just to make sure that all dependencies have been installed properly:
$ apt-get -f install

6) Change your root password because the default password is no secret
$ passwd
<new password>
<new password>

7) close the ssh connection and enjoy XBMC on your AppleTV

With this beta build XBMC can read the ISO file format but playing the movie is so slow that it is not possible to wait.
Configiration is ATV2 and Macmini with USB external hard drive with SMB protocol. All other file is OK including MKV what file size is same huge than ISO file size.
Do you know about this probleme?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Apple TV 2 - 4.3.1 with Jailbreak2