Sound stops working after a day
I just started keeping my zotac zbox powered on and noticed the same repeating pattern everyday: sound disappears the following morning. A reboot re -initializes the sound and all is all right until the following day. Have others noticed similar?

Logs don't show anything abnormal. Using 10.0 and sound through the hdmi device.
I have a similar problem, but I think mine is related to the Surround Amp I am using. Basically if I switch my XBMC on without already having switched to the correct input on my Surround Sound System, I will get no sound. I can then happily swap inputs after xbmc has booted, but if I switch my amp off I will have to reboot my xbmc box again (and make sure I have switched to the correct input on my amp)
Interesting. Not going through an amp here - both hdmi audio and analog audio out..but I've noticed this issue whilst going analog out only, so not related to the dual audio out config.
Power saving in the OS?
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Power saving in the OS?

hadn't thought of that...tell u the truth not sure where i'd verify that in the os. running xbmcbuntu. would power setting affect the audio output in that manner?
Will disable DPMS in xorg.conf and see if that has an impact.
I have the same issue, sometimes the sound dies on its own after days of music playback, sometimes it happens when I switch from 5.1 movie to a stereo music track. Normally just restarting XBMC fixes the problem.
I have a zotac mainboard and am running xbmc under ubuntu desktop, sound is connected through spdif.
DPMS is a screen power saving only, it even requires your tv to support it. thus XORG has 0 to do with sound. I would imagine polcikit and respective setting would though.
SInce I pay the elctricity bill arund here I switch off all no essentials overnight right at the plug.
this is the bug that cause that http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7338

if you notice a fix has been posted by a user but it wont make it into xbmc cuase of lack of interst by developers, perhaps you wanna bribe someone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound stops working after a day0