Confused about DTS True HD and bitstreaming
Do I need an additional program to have DTS and TrueHD sound from bluray rips? (mkv files )

I have read that XBMC (10.1) can just pass through the raw sound to my receiver ( HDMI connection ) I have also read I need XBMC to launch an external player ( MPC HC ) in order to get bitstreaming to work so my Onkyo receiver will decode DTS/Dolby Pro/TrueHD sound.

Can someone please explain which one is true? Smile

Huh

system: i3/sandybridge H67 MoBo
HDMI cable to Onkyo 705 receiver.

Thanks!
Is your OS windows?
Robotica Wrote:Is your OS windows?

Yes, Win7 SP1
Not believe AVSForum users? This has already been explained to you over on their forum.

At this time HD Audio bitstreaming cannot be achieved natively in XBMC (the new Audio Engine branch currently being developed will remedy that). In the meantime an external player is required.
steelman1991 Wrote:Not believe AVSForum users? This has already been explained to you over on their forum.

At this time HD Audio bitstreaming cannot be achieved natively in XBMC (the new Audio Engine branch currently being developed will remedy that). In the meantime an external player is required.

since I have heard it both ways I came too a second source for additional verification. So toy can relax a little there dude.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confused about DTS True HD and bitstreaming0