Erroring on install- Installer Integrity
Thanks HenryFORD McAfee is on all these machines so it is a common element. This is going to be a pain in the keister....

Like I stated, I have to assume this installer is coming in with the downloaded file. I'm'm just downloading the file from xbmc and trying to launch it. I haven't obtained the installer separately.

THAT I KNOW OF that is. Undecided
shingadaddy Wrote:Thanks feerlessleadr-

Well I just tried it on a total of 3 DIFFERENT computers. Each down loaded from the web seperately - Cache cleaned - Antivirus OFF.

Every one does the same thing and these machines are a gateway laptop, a gateway desktop and an Emachines desktop.
Wow... Twilight zone deluxe
And RE-reading the NSIS info in the link I provided, it appears the installer is failing its own integrity check.

Not familiar whith how to get Windows automatic update to update a program that is not installed :-\

I feel like I'm the butt of some cruel long running April fools joke...

I don't think you are understanding my solution. I did not suggest using the Windows Automatic Update...I said use the Automatic Update Tool built specifically for XBMC for use on the Windows platform.

I linked you to this program in an earlier post. It will get around your problem because there is no installer needed. You do not need to have XBMC installed already in order to use it (at least I don't believe you do).

If you cannot figure out why your machines are rejecting the installers, look at the link in my previous posts and use that.
And yes I can see NSIS stuff inside the xbmc-10.1.exe file that I am getting from xbmc and mirror sites. So it is coming in with the download.
Thanks fearless. Will do more in line with your suggestions when I can get back around my machine later today.

Thank again . I appreciate you folks being patient with me.
shingadaddy Wrote:Thanks fearless. Will do more in line with your suggestions when I can get back around my machine later today.

Thank again . I appreciate you folks being patient with me.

No worries at all man, hopefully everything works out for you
I went here:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmcupdate/
On the left pane I select xbmcupdate_0.8.0.zip

I get a page that then shows :

The same link at the top (xbmcupdate_0.8.0.zip)
A "SHA1 Checksum long arse number.
A DATAMATRIX dot code pattern.
I click the link and get an open or save option.
I choose SAVE like I always do.
It drops the zip file into My Documents directory
I click "open folder and double click the zip file
It opens and I select EXTRACT ALL and it puts them in a directory xbmcupdate_0.8.0
I double click the xbmcupdate.exe file and get a neat looking graphic
This graphic says :
LATEST AVAILABLE REV 110404

And just below that it says :
UNKNOWN LOCAL VERSION 110404 will be installed

Me thinks ---?? What does THAT mean?
Anyway -
I select SETTINGS and select ALWAYS START XBMC AFTER UPDATE and APPLY.

I select XBMC location and create XBMC folder on C:\
At this point I am thinking I need to see an INSTALL NOW button but all I see is a CHECK FOR UPDATES button so I click it.
Now I see:
A new release of XBMC is available. Would you like to proceed with installation?

I click YES and it appears a new download starts of 43.46 meg.

Next - Extracting update then occurs
Next- then INSTALLING OCCURS!
Install complete and then BAMM---

" The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). CLick on OK to terminate the application"

Mcafee antivirus is OFF.

Are you folks telling me that this XBMC app WILL NOT INSTALL CORRECTLY if Mcafee is on your machine?

I really can't adequately express the frustration level here so far.No
shingadaddy Wrote:Thanks HenryFORD McAfee is on all these machines so it is a common element. This is going to be a pain in the keister....

Like I stated, I have to assume this installer is coming in with the downloaded file. I'm'm just downloading the file from xbmc and trying to launch it. I haven't obtained the installer separately.

THAT I KNOW OF that is. Undecided
That is not exactly what I meant. Did you try to install any other software (besides XBMC) which uses the NSIS-Setup? You can find an (incomplete) list here:
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Users

Try for example 7zip, it is very small and installs very fast (and is always good to have: http://www.7zip.org) and it uses the NSIS as well. If it fails too, you know that something on your machine is misbehavin in a way which compromises the NSIS.

Edit:
After the steps you did above with the updater, did you try to launch XBMC? Did the updater actually installed the XBMC?
Did you try running those things as Administrator (Right Click -> Run As Admin)?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Ah. Okay I get it. I'll try downloading the file you are suggesting just to try the NSIS installer.

Second:
No I am pretty sure it did NOT install it. I believe I went through start prog blah blah and did not see xbmc.
And yes I tried to launch xbmc.exe and get the same fail message. I am logged on as admin.

Sorry I'm trippingHuh this up somewhere but if there is a hole in something that can trip you up I'm like s laser guided bomb toward it...thanks for continuing to help
Good - try and report back.

I totally can understand your "tripiness" Wink

It sound like the system is seriously messed up... did you already try to remove McAffee completely from one of the machines and installing XBMC again after a reboot?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Home for lunch quicky check.
1. 7zip downloaded and installed without issue. I seem to be able to launch it as well (all while McAfee is fully operating)

2. confirmed XBMC did not install during the earlier attempt to install it.

3. I have not tried to remove Mcafee from any of the machines as it appears to be functioning as expected on all. All 4 machine are operating fine (except the installer blows up on all of them.***when trying to download and install xbmc***) and have no other operable issues. One machine at work running enterprise version of Mcafee ( along with over 450 others )

4. Last night Scanning report show no viruses, spyware, malware trojans etc. Virus database is current and automatically updates.

5. no weird or unexpected activity in the processes window of task manager.

Is there any other known incompatibilities I may have going on here?

I may be able to try this on another NON MCAFEE machine tonight.

Thanks again
Could you maybe try downloading from a different location? (i.e. other than your house.) Maybe download the file at work, put it on a thumb drive then take it home and try to install that way.
Maybe it's something to do with your internet provider.

Mark
I just downloaded it to my HTC inspire phone. Now if I can just figure out how to get it transferred ...
Big Grin 
FINALLY!!!

Got home after a 12+ hour day at work and grabbed my USB/Charger cable for the phone and hooked it to the PC. Selected the USB functionality to DISK DRIVE and found the XBMC install file and copied it to my PC. Fired it off and IMMEDIATELY knew something was different. A welcome screen appeared and a few clicks later I have XBMC installed on my PC.

It even LAUNCHES!! Nod

Now for some play time but not before thanking all of you folks for helping and keeping me from pulling the plug on this app.

So .... During the DOWNLOAD it was getting corrupted?? OoThat is a 100% first for me to ever see. I intend to experiment a little more with the other machines I have at my disposal. I'll report in with whatever I find. Thanks again everyone.
Yeah - it got corrupted while downloading. But you said you downloaded it multiple times, so we have to assume that something breaks the packet. This could be due to different reasons:
1. Somehow your ISP corrupts the download.
2. Router/Firewall/Switch-Issue
3. Somehow your machines corrupt the downloads. This could be due to McAffee.

I still recommend getting rid of McAffee Wink

(2011-04-08, 18:13)HenryFord Wrote: Yeah - it got corrupted while downloading. But you said you downloaded it multiple times, so we have to assume that something breaks the packet. This could be due to different reasons:
1. Somehow your ISP corrupts the download.
2. Router/Firewall/Switch-Issue
3. Somehow your machines corrupt the downloads. This could be due to McAffee.

I still recommend getting rid of McAffee Wink

Agree.Cool datamatrix reader app
create data matrix in .net
Best regards.
Mica Gordon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Erroring on install- Installer Integrity0