MySQL - Music database won't register...?
Hi all,

As above. Movie database works perfect. For some reason, I'm having issues with the music library.

Setup is as follows : movies are on a computer (FILESERVER) with shared folders for movies and TV shows. I exported my pre-MySQL library, and re-imported it, successfully, no worries. I also have a laptop that I'm currently using as a MySQL testbed. Like I said, Videos in general works great. My music is on my laptop, and my music database reflected this, and worked fine, pre-MySQL.

When I tried exporting my music library (to later import it into the MySQL database), I only got a 1 KB file. I tried importing that, and that didn't do anything really, so I re-imported, from the FILESERVER computer, all of my music into XBMC (which was now plugged into the MySQL database). For some reason, it didn't register into the MySQL database, as I didn't get anything on my laptop.

So, I exported this music database, deleted the xbmc_music database, and re-created it. I then imported my freshly exported music library, and now, I get absolutely nothing. (Of course, nothing on the laptop either. =))

Ideas? Here is the text in the advancedsettings.xml :

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>FILESERVER</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>FILESERVER</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

Is there a way I could attach the music library xml export file, if that would help?

Thanks!
OK, forget all of the above. =) Upon some more tinkering, it became apparent that somehow, my databases were communicating at SOME point between my fileserver and my laptop, but are not anymore, and I have no clue why.

I have deleted all of the MySQL databases and started fresh. If I launch XBMC on my fileserver, *without* the advancedsettings.xml, I get the normal intro screen, and if I launch it with the advancedsettings, I only get a few options on the menu screen, which tells me that it's now pointing at the (totally empty) MySQL databases. Not so on my laptop - the splash screen remains the same whether or not I have the advancedsettings.xml in the userdata folder, and it's the very same file I'm using on the fileserver.

Ideas?
my only suggestion would be to make sure you are using the local IP address of the fileserver, and not the network name, if that is what you are doing.

My xbmc setup had alot of problems before I switched to the local IP and now everything is rock solid.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL - Music database won't register...?0