[AppleTV2] Firmware Upgrade Strategy & Old FW Support
I only use my AppleTv2 for running XBMC. I don’t use any of the standard AppleTV functions so currently I see no benefit to upgrading the firmware but I am way more interested in keeping XBMC at the latest (stable) version. The question I have is:

Longer term will there be a requirement to upgrade the AppleTV2 firmware in order to keep up to date with XBMC? Or will future XBMC updates always work on 4.2.1?

I do understand that Apple can make drastic changes firmware to firmware & that these cannot always be foreseen. I am just trying to understand the strategy for maintaining older firmware support when you guys are working updating XBMC.

Thanks for all the great work so far.
IEArmand Wrote:Longer term will there be a requirement to upgrade the AppleTV2 firmware in order to keep up to date with XBMC? Or will future XBMC updates always work on 4.2.1?

No, Yes.
Short sweet, to the point & great news. Thanks for the fast answer. Much appreciated.
IEArmand Wrote:Short sweet, to the point & great news. Thanks for the fast answer. Much appreciated.

It was pretty much perfect, but I kinda was hoping for a Seinfeld reference Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Firmware Upgrade Strategy & Old FW Support0