AppleTV1-windows 7 smb
hi im usising 10.1 on my apple tv and since i change my os to windows 7 i cant acces the smb share it ask me for a password all the time even if i disable it in windows 7 i itry upnp but dosent seem to work good it dosent detec any of my video file and i try many upnp software because i dont use library mode xbmc on my computer dosent seem to be able to do upnp anyway any help will be nice thx a lot
The problem is with Windows Live. Uninstall it on your Windows 7 PC and your SMB should work again.

nanuk Wrote:hi im usising 10.1 on my apple tv and since i change my os to windows 7 i cant acces the smb share it ask me for a password all the time even if i disable it in windows 7 i itry upnp but dosent seem to work good it dosent detec any of my video file and i try many upnp software because i dont use library mode xbmc on my computer dosent seem to be able to do upnp anyway any help will be nice thx a lot
Robikonobi Wrote:The problem is with Windows Live. Uninstall it on your Windows 7 PC and your SMB should work again.

i alrady try that last night still no go i spend the night on that thx anyway
check to see if on your shares list "everyone" is listed. I also put a video together that is in my signature that shows how to make sure your pc is on a home network opposed to business.

As a super fallback you could set up a share via the ip address of the machine your media is on.

Hope you get things working.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
WILL COMEBACK AND CELAN UP AND EDIT AFTER i TAKE A NAP, tITREDF. THANGS
MCKEY

SHOLD BE FOXEC BY THURSDAY FRIFDAAY

What U r seeing here is some BS with windows 7 deals with public shares. The only ones that work like they are supose to are teh ones that are teh publiuc shareas that are bulit in arleady.

So here is what U have 2 dxso to get it 2 work.

You can not share at the drive level for some reason on some instaltions of winfdows 7. It has to do with how the big server installs deal with this kined of sharing. 2 get around this, You can obly share files in a directory or a drive to be more spefirc.

(In tireds I will edit this up altter and dso spell checkm, But I wnat to get it out of the way befroe I forfreget. )

So Here is what you do.

A:. Microsft said to set up a whole new user acount and start from scratsh. If you have done allot to it, Might be a good idea to start from scratch. If you have not DO IT THIS WAY

1. Go to the drive that you want to share.

2. Click on properties then make sure that the drive is not shared at all. Or unshare all that you have shared on ypour system

3. Go to the drive that you want to share your media from and make a folder on that drive that you are going to share (like drive C:\Users\videos _)

4. SHARE hte folder and you might have to share it with everyone or make a group called everyone on windows 7 ( just like in server!)

Put a test file in thetre and see of you can confcerect to i.. U might have to reboot and save apply changes ands and wait gor 5 minites for the system to catch up.

6. aAfter that if You can see the files that you sharted to you netwoprk, and xbmc, THEN YOU MIOGHT HAVE TO DO SOME OGTHER MODS REALLY WICK

yOU MIGHT HAVE TO CHGNE THE NUBMER OF CONETIONS ALLOWED TO THE WINDOES 7 XOMPUTER. cHANGE IT TOI 200 JUST IN CASE. THIS WILL MAKE SURE THAT EVEN WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE ONE COMUTER VOENVIUTN OR XBOIX, IT WILL NOTY RUB OUT OF VEONTIONS WHERN YOU ARE SURGING THROGHT MULITPLE DIRECTORYS (gtHE LINUX SAMNA SERVRERS AND LINUX C san AND nas DEVEIESDCE NEVER HAVE THIS PROBLEM i WONDER WYHY?)

aFTER YOU HAVE TWARKED THAT, yOU MIGHT WANT TO ADD TI OT HE lnM HOSST FILE IN WONDOES 7, OIF YOU CAN NOT SEE IT ALL THE TIME AND ROIGHT AWAY URT.

8 AFTER THAT,M tHROW YOUR FILSIN THERE AND MAKE SUITRE TH AT THE FILES THAT YOU AFDERE THEERING INT HERE ATRE GOODO ONES TO BOOT. iGY YOU HAVE SOME HAVE EATGON CHIPY BROKEN FILES THAT YOAU RE GOING TO PIT IN THER EDONT BOTHER. gOOD DTOME TOP PUT OIN fbf ARTWPORK IN THERE AS WELL.

yOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE THINGS WORK

bote put warning to back up the computer or set restore point befroe doing this

note fix this latter when i wake up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV1-windows 7 smb0