[LIVE] Dharma 10.1: Music drops randomly
Hi

I have noticed after upgrading to Dharma 10.1, that when I play music, the audio suddenly drops for a few seconds, and then it is continued.
It often happens toward the end of the track, but sometimes also in the middle of it.

At first I suspected it being due to network errors, but having switched from wireless to full cable, I still see (well, hear) the issue.

The log warns about CALSADirectSound, the first time during playback that the drop occurs. And apparently not again, until I press stop and start again (a new playback session, I guess):

Code:
WARNING: CALSADirectSound::GetSpace - get space failed. err: -32 (Broken pipe)

The hardware is AsRock Ion 330 and I have the audio set to use the spdif port (optical through my receiver).

Any clues?
Can't help you but I am also seeing these errors. Same hardware and using the hdmi output.

I am also getting this error at times when the audio is skipping.

Code:
ERROR: GetDelay - snd_pcm_delay, alsa error: -32 - Broken pipe
Same issue here...
Here's a debug log showing the errors. Sound cuts out around 13:18:35, 13:24:56, 13:26:43, 13:44:56 and so on. HDMI output, happens on analog and digital output to HDMI.

XBMC, Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS, 2.6.32-26-generic x86_64). Built on Dec 17 2010 (SVN:35648)

http://www.snutt.net/skip_1.txt

I've tried the advanced setting <resample>48000 but no dice.
Same here, same error. I'm using hdmi and get drops in sound during video and music. I have posted a help request too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Dharma 10.1: Music drops randomly0