720p HDTV issues
My setup is a HTPC running windows, xbmc 10.1 to a 42" sony.

Most of my content is 1080p MKVs and all play fine. The issue seems to be when i'm streaming any 720p HDTV content, it seems to be a little jittery.

If I try to run the 720p HDTV content from another XBMC installation to a smaller 23" PC monitor I don't see the issue...

Anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Rolleyes
Thanks in advance
Probably nothing - could be due to bad upscaling that some artifacts occur. However: Upscaled Images always look a little bit "off".
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

thanks for the reply, is there any way to force the screen resolution down to 720 when using this type of media? apose to still being 1080 screen size?
Open up the Video-OSD while playing a video. Click the settings - you will find an entry which is for the dimension of the video. You can switch from "Normal" to "Original" - this will cause XBMC to not upscale to 1080p. But this also means that you will see black borders....
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
720p HDTV issues0