Home Screen Simple, Elegant Backgrounds...
As the home screen should make relatively clear, you're looking for Cirrus.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83657
natethomas Wrote:As the home screen should make relatively clear, you're looking for Cirrus.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83657

Hi,

Im using the Cirrus skin...
However, these images are not part of that skin pack, if you read the entire Cirrus thread they were added by a user as his own backdrops, others asked him to upload them but they never showed up :-(

I was just asking if anyone knew where these wallpapers were or if they had them or any similar style ones, I'm already a Cirrus user and wasn't/didn't ask about the skin? Sorry if you mis-understood.

Thanks for the reply though :-)
I don't recall seeing those particular backgrounds but you might find something here that will work. Big Grin
loki131 Wrote:I don't recall seeing those particular backgrounds but you might find something here that will work. Big Grin

Good answer.
Thats where I have found all of mine.
loki131 Wrote:I don't recall seeing those particular backgrounds but you might find something here that will work. Big Grin

Now that has hit the nail right on the effin' head! :-)

That is exactly what i was looking for.
Anoyingly i searched google for "htpc wallpaper" and "xbmc backgrounds" and got nothing :-(

I've had a look and seen a few already that are perfect for what i want... simple, light, elegant and will fit my living space exactly.

Thanks for letting me know of that site... that's just been bookmarked Big Grin
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hi,

Im using the Cirrus skin...

This was crucial information! Smile
The fact the pot plant on the right seems to be out of place would annoy me every time I looked at that picture...

Just planting a seed in your head, let it grow WinkLaugh
natethomas Wrote:This was crucial information! Smile

Hi,
Sorry i'm getting confused here Big Grin How is that information Cruical or even relevant?

I was looking for a background (wallpaper) which technically is not skin specific ... unless i have i mis-understood the background wallpaper option in xbmc??

As you pointed out earlier, my screen shots clearly indicate that the skin in use was cirrus, so i posted a request for backgrounds, using images found on this website of users using their own jpegs (in Cirrus) to see if anyone else had any similar style backgrounds i could use?

Have i missed something... Genuinely sorry if i have Blush

My appologies if you did not understand what it was that i was looking for, but i was honestly just looking for "Home Screen Simple, Elegant Backgrounds..." ofr xbmc in general, as the title suggested Confused

If i have posted this in the wrong section, then sorry, i only wanted a nice clean jpeg to use as a background to xbmc Blush
t2ffn Wrote:The fact the pot plant on the right seems to be out of place would annoy me every time I looked at that picture...

Just planting a seed in your head, let it grow WinkLaugh

Right! Thats it Angry

I hadn't noticed it until and you mentioned it ...

Now i keep getting drawn to the fact that, not only is it out of place.. its a different shaped pot altogether? I mean really... Who puts 2 completely different pots either side of the TV? No no one... thats who!

Had you not mentioned it, i'd probably have kept using that wallpaper... I even painted the TV black and got rid of the simpsons logo... However, now it just wont do... its not as OCD as i'd like it to be, so it must be banished! And its on you! Wink

So, any advice on what i can replace it with lol Big Grin
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hi,
Sorry i'm getting confused here Big Grin How is that information Cruical or even relevant?

I only meant that when most people show up on the forum and say, "Hey, this looks great, where can I get this," then posts pics of a specific skin, I immediately assuming they are looking for that skin, regardless of what additional words they might use. I'd have been more on the ball if you'd said, "Hey, I'm using the Cirrus skin, and I don't have these backgrounds. Where can I get them?"

Awesome site, thx for that!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home Screen Simple, Elegant Backgrounds...0