Suggested upgrade from Acer Revo 3600?
Hi all,

Time for an upgrade I think. Although my little Revo has (and still does) serve me well it's a little sluggish when it comes to running skins like Aeon MQ2. So I'm looking to upgrade.

Are there currently any out of the box solutions that anyone could recommend as a good upgrade?

My Setup:
Panasonic 42" PX80
Optomo HD80 1080p projector
Onkyo 606 (Spec:- http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/TX-SR606.html)

Movies are almost all 1080p mkv rips.

I have zero experience of building my own HTPC but don't mind having a go it isn't to difficult.

Any help is much appreciated.
Prior to upgrade, just give a try for the OpenELEC build on your box. I have this working fine without sluggish even when running Aeon skin. I'm using Acer Revo 3610 model.
I have a Revo also. From what I've seen, it isn't really worth the upgrade yet, I'd just add a ssd. You will get better performance from Zacate and a Celery processor, but it's only marginal, if you consider the big picture, and isn't really worth the money.
Hi

xecutionx Wrote:I have a Revo also. From what I've seen, it isn't really worth the upgrade yet, I'd just add a ssd. You will get better performance from Zacate and a Celery processor, but it's only marginal, if you consider the big picture, and isn't really worth the money.

no need to spend much money in a ssd and open your system with openelec, it boots and runs fast from the original HDD in your revo too. give it a try and use the money for more important things....
greetings, Stephan

I have 2 Revos, one with an SSD and one with a HDD. With DDS fanart compression enabled and running live, there really is no difference with an SSD and a HDD on these boxes other than bootup time. Personally I just have mine go to sleep so that difference doesnt even matter.
IF you want / need / desire an update, gave a look at the zbox nd22. Step up in processor from the atoms and a very simple set up to throw in a drive and memory-even i managed it within about 5 min. Mine (although with a ssd) runs MQ2 perfectly.
But as the guys say, make sure you need the upgrade first, or is it just want the upgrade.....
Thanks guys. Spent the last couple of days setting up openelec and have installed Aeon Nox (love the InfoWall view!) things are certainly much quicker!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggested upgrade from Acer Revo 3600?0