TVDB Scraper Broken?
Hi,

I have just deleted my database by following the instructions and removing all sources and re adding etc...

My TV series have NOT changed in any way what so ever ... at all...

However, when i have rescraped the TVDB wont find big series like Lost? So i tried a manual search (by typing in lost) and it never brought back a thing, not a single return for that entry??

Can someone go to their tv series and update lost (or any series) by manually refreshing the data and searching for lost, to see if the content is visible?

I can't see that and a few other shows?

Other info for other series came down fine and as expected ...

Weird?

Set up
xbmc 10.1
tvdb 1.2.0 (updated today i believe)
windows
manually trying in lost returns no searches as does life?
auto retrieval finds no tv series called lost or life?

Can someone check a manual search and see if lost or life is showing at your end? i have found it on the website and i am using an exact search match ... these series were previously found by the scraper so its defo not a naming issue?
Can you try it again with scraper version 1.2.1
olympia Wrote:Can you try it again with scraper version 1.2.1

Hi,

Yea, ill certainly try...

I updated via the xbmx updates option yesterday to 1.2.0 (then it stopped working) However, i have not got any awaiting updates, so how would i go about forcing a manual update?

Its defo a bug in 1.2.0 though, as i have just updated/installed it on the laptop to see if it was just me (or my new htpc setup) and that has now stopped finding certain tv series to? Bizarre? Mainly ones beginning with "L" for me?

However, i'm stuck on 1.2.0 and dont know how to force an update :-\ Could you advise me of the best way to update to 1.2.1 and/or where to find it, as i have just been using the pre-installed default one contained within xbmc and just updated when it advised me to, when i last switched it on? Blush
Two things:
1. scraper v1.2.0 has nothing to do with this for sure. It was not stopped working with the update to 1.2.0. The bug was something else which was always there, just didn't appear. Probably you haven't realized this with the version prior to 1.2.0 becuase you are not trying to scrape Lost every day.
2. Bring up the context menu on the Team-XBMC repo and choose force update.
olympia Wrote:Two things:
1. scraper v1.2.0 has nothing to do with this for sure. It was not stopped working with the update to 1.2.0. The bug was something else which was always there, just didn't appear. Probably you haven't realized this with the version prior to 1.2.0 becuase you are not trying to scrape Lost every day.
2. Bring up the context menu on the Team-XBMC repo and choose force update.

Happy to concede that i'm wrong?

Its just bizarre though, that to troubleshoot the issue i scraped "lost" using the original version of the scraper (prior to the update) on the laptop and it worked fine ... Then i updated the laptop version to 1.2.0, deleted the database and location of the "lost" folder and scraped again and it failed as well? Must just be a co-inkey-dink Big Grin

Ill try that force update and let you know if it resolves it?

However, if it does indeed resolve it, doesnt that actually mean, that in fact i was correct? And that version 1.2.0 did indeed fail to scrape items correctly? Because if version 1.1.9 (or whatever the last version was) worked ok, and version 1.2.1 works ok but the laptop still on version 1.2.0 fails surly that is indeed where the fault lies?

UPDATE...

Tested on the pc (version 1.2.1) and the fault is no longer present...
Tested on the laptop (version 1.2.0) and the problem still exists? I'm pretty sure this is a bug in version 1.2.0 as i am scraping the same content from the same folder and 1.2.0 refuses to return the information Wink
BTW, you're welcome for the fix!
olympia Wrote:BTW, you're welcome for the fix!

I said thanks, and that i'd try the fix and let you know how it went Blush ... and it went well :-)

i'm just trying to help, i think there is a bug in version 1.2.0 (not that it matter now i suppose) but i was just trying to say that i dont think it was user error.

I'm really grateful for the fix.. did you actually do the fix in the plugin? If so.. Shocked thats pretty awesomely fast work and i'm blown away by that.
Didnt mean to seem ungrateful, however i didnt actually think we were finished... I thought we were gonnna chat about it, and maybe you'd have me do my first bug report lol .. i was gearing up for a lesson Nerd

Thanks for helping ... i really do appreciate it.. i said it before and ill say it again.. there are some people on here who have really gone out of there way to help and i can't thank them enough. i sincerley appreciate it and will even post a picture when its all set up and complete. its getting there...

Granted, i haven't been able to use it and enjoy it yet, but im almost done, and its thanks to you guys that i've gotten this far...

it maybe simple to you guys, but its a total fu**ing ball-ache for me Laugh
Yes, the bug was fixed in the addon which you got by downloading v1.2.1.
Everyone else will get the fix as well by the update. So thanks for reporting.

Maybe it's just my eyes, but I still don't see any "thanks" in your previous message, only that you are trying to proove you are right.

I've reinstalled XBMC 10.1 which packaged with scraper version v1.1.0 and I can't scrape "Lost" with this either. Also the changes which have been made prior v1.2.0 were on totally different bits of the scraper.

No, it wasn't a user error. I never said it was. There was definitely a bug in there. I was just saying it was always there and not introduced by v.1.2.0.
If anyone of us were able to scrape "Lost" any time in the past was because there were less search results on tvdb for the search string: "lost". It stopped working because probably some more shows have been added recenty to tvdb which contains this string.
I wasnt trying to prove i was right... I was trying to inform/help people notice that there was defo an issue with the update..

V1.1.9 (or whatever) works for lost perfectly?.. You can demonstrate this easily, and as i only joined the other day and have only been using v1.1.9 to scrape my shows (which works) and that 1.2.0 didnt, I was merely trying to point out that you may be incorrect is stating that 1.2.0 is fine?

I wasnt having a pissing contest, why would I? I have openly stated on here that i am not a techie and am infact not fully able..
I was just stating that i dont beleive the error was always there, and that my information to back it up was that i have scraped "lost" every day this week (as i only joined a few days ago) and built (and have rebuilt) this media centre time after time due to crashes/erros and general stupidity Laugh

As for the thanks, you're right... i may have not written those exact words? However my appreciation is very apparent... and as i said, i didn't actually think we were finished with the thread and/or the conversation? When we were finished and it was all done and dusted, i'd have been the first to thank you for helping and made my appreciation known..

I've been very grateful about the help i have recieved on here (check any of my posts, i bet every one contains a thank you), and have helped 1 other guy on how to solve his cover art issue .. So i'm not one of those people who doesn't thank people for helping or give back to the community...

That said, it is rude to ask/expect thanks, especially when i (the other party) didnt think the conversation was over and therefore wouldnt usually present a thank you until that time... I cant be blamed for that?? And if we are picking faults with each other, a little patience on your behalf would not go amis and would reep you more of a rewarding result/feeling from helping people, when they do thank you for you help.

Thanks for helping and 1.2.1 ihas scraped lost perfectly... 1.2.0 still fails though Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper Broken?0