PicoPsu Advice Please
I cheaped it with this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...737wt_1141

and something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Power-12v-5A-Adapt...240wt_1141

Total cost around £23

The thing is that I already had a spare 12V 5A 60W brick laying at home that I didn't know about Sad

ps Just remember to put a surge protector in front of it
Both sound like a good way to go. Personally I've never been a fan of buying electronics on eBay (even if it is an eBay store) and don't mind paying the extra. I'd be really interested to see how those PSUs perform with regards to efficiency, regulation and ripple. As I mentioned before there is a really good Jonnyguru review that gives results for 3 picoPSUs and 3 transfomer bricks.
Are any of you guys able to do anything similar to the load testing in the review?
Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer with WHS2011 with 8.4TB
HTPC: Wesena ITX6B, ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe, picoPSU+Brick, BlackGold BGT3620, 64GB RealSSD C300, 4GB RAM
AV Setup: Denon AVR-1909, Denon DVD-1800BD, Panasonic TX-P50VT30B, Mordant-Short Alumni 7.1 Speakers
och29 Wrote:Both sound like a good way to go. Personally I've never been a fan of buying electronics on eBay (even if it is an eBay store) and don't mind paying the extra.

Now you know why I've got a surge protector in front of mine Laugh

och29 Wrote:
Are any of you guys able to do anything similar to the load testing in the review?

Looks too geeky for me I'm afraid and besides I'm probably going to be disappointed with the results Laugh

Take Jonnyguru's advice as gospel as the wide input pico makes the most sense.
Big Grin 
It's miles out of my league as well! On the plus side I have just had 3 separate deliveries:
  • 4 x WD20EARS - 2TB Green HDDs (for my server)
  • Wesena mini ITX6B
  • picoPSU and power brick!!! (coincidence or what)

Just need to find a place that has the ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe in stock and wait for the rest of the kit to arrive and I can start my new project.
On a side note do you know of a good place to write a build log? Will put one on here and maybe a free wordpress blog but was wondering if there is anywhere you've seen that would be good.
HTPC: Wesena ITX6B, ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe, picoPSU+Brick, BlackGold BGT3620, 64GB RealSSD C300, 4GB RAM
AV Setup: Denon AVR-1909, Denon DVD-1800BD, Panasonic TX-P50VT30B, Mordant-Short Alumni 7.1 Speakers
och29 Wrote:On a side note do you know of a good place to write a build log?

Avforums - Boom Boom ! :p

You've got to be a local if you're talking about Wesena cases Wink

Yeah any place where it'll be appreciated should be fine mate.
Subliminal Aura Wrote:Avforums - Boom Boom ! :p

Would love to post on AVForums but for some reason I can't access it:confused2: Firefox and IE say that the connection times out... really strange since if I ping the ip address it comes up with normal times and I can access it through a proxy. It never used to be a problem but has recently started and only seems to be AVForums. Tried dnsflush but still nothing:mad: Going to have to drag my laptop back into service to check if it's just my desktop.

Any ideas?

Subliminal Aura Wrote:You've got to be a local if you're talking about Wesena cases Wink

UK based but a little bit further south of Oxfordshire!
och29 Wrote:Any ideas?

Maybe work is blocking you Laugh
Seems to work perfectly fine for me albeit I am the man in charge ... Your friendly BOFH ! Wink
Subliminal Aura Wrote:Maybe work is blocking you Laugh

Wish it was that simple, I'm on my home network! Doesn't work on my laptop either... guess I'm going to have to call my ISP!
Seems to be working now Smile, called my ISP and the operator didn't understand a thing I said... didn't know what 'ping' was and just suggested I reset my router! Tried to contact AVForums by phone but I've found a work around:

While using a proxy to access the site and trying to find contact info I worked out that I could view some of the pages without the proxy. This included registration. Although I've visited the site loads of times I've never registered but now, having registered, I am able to access the site when I am logged in. Still doesn't work on computers than I have not logged in on but hey it's close enough for now!

Problem got worse and started to affect other sites including Google! Turned out to be a problem with the capacitors in the modem/router drying out. A new box solved everything

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PicoPsu Advice Please0