Repeat feature and kiosk mode?
Hello,

I came across a problem last night and would like to make a suggestion to the programmers.
I have set up an htpc in my granddaughters room so that she can watch whatever she wants to watch when she goes to bed. I have special buttons and playlists made so she only sees what I want her to see. I also have kiosk mode set to keep things from changing as well as doing away with the settings button. Anyway, She wanted to watch a video and I wanted it to repeat all night. I found that I couldn't set the video to repeat because I had kiosk mode on and that is on one of the panels that kiosk mode hides.
Knowing that the context menu is quite busy now, is there any way to add the ability to make a video repeat itself, either on the context menu or somewhere else accessible when using kiosk mode?

Thanks,
Mark
This is more of a skin thing. What skin are you using? Ask the creator to allow the repeat options to be shown when Kiosk mode is turned on.
Hi Yoda,

Thanks for responding. Well, I tried with both T! and Neon skins. Both with the same result. I guess I'll have to ask in the respective forums for those skins.
I would think though that this may be something along with the shuffle that folks would want to have access to even in kiosk mode.
I was thinking that instead of using the context menu on the main menu, these two items, Repeat and Shuffle, could be put on the context menu that resides in the "Now Playing" area of the que. So instead of having just "Add to Favorites", "Remove" and "Move Item", we could have "Shuffle" and "Repeat" there as well. Seems that they go together as they all perform some sort of operation on the file in question.
Any chance for thisHuh?

Thanks,
Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Repeat feature and kiosk mode?0