[HELP!] Xbmc crashes randomly!
HenryFord Wrote:The latest stable release that is?

Please switch to the default-skin and try creating a second debug-log.
Otherwise: Did you try to just reinstall your XBMC?

10.1, I've tried it (reinstall) a couple of times Sad

http://pastebin.com/W0GZPVZE

As usual, when i should get started and browse my movies. Crash.
Sorry if i BUMP to much, but I wanna solve this problem as quick as I can :/
Which skin are you using? You should try the default confluence skin.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Which skin are you using? You should try the default confluence skin.

I've tried Confluence, Alaska and Shade (shade is the most beautiful!)

The latest pastebin link is when I'm using Confluence.
I have the same problem using Aeon. I am living with it at the moment. Sad and glad that someone else is hsving the same problem.
fishypops Wrote:I have the same problem using Aeon. I am living with it at the moment. Sad and glad that someone else is hsving the same problem.

Indeed. The most random is.. If i browse in through the "Video" menu NOT the "Movies" menu, everything works fine...
Out of curiosity....

1. I am running an i3 core on a U55 mobo. How about you ?
2. I am having intermittent Graphics driver failure , and you ??

Thanks
fishypops Wrote:Out of curiosity....

1. I am running an i3 core on a U55 mobo. How about you ?
2. I am having intermittent Graphics driver failure , and you ??

Thanks

1. Phenom II 955 x4 on a AM2+ mobo from Asus.
2. I don't have any problems with my Gpu drivers. Nvidia GTX570 if it matters.

/Marcus.
Just to jump in on this one too, I'm having random crashes with XBMC that are locking the computer so hard it needs rebooting, or flat out bluescreening with an ATi driver error.

I'll see if I can get a log the next time it happens.
st0nedpenguin Wrote:Just to jump in on this one too, I'm having random crashes with XBMC that are locking the computer so hard it needs rebooting, or flat out bluescreening with an ATi driver error.

I'll see if I can get a log the next time it happens.
This is definetely some error in the driver or your hardware-module. XBMC runs in the userspace and cannot induce Kernelspace-errors.

This could be due to two main reasons:
1. Your hardware is overheating while using XBMC
2. A driver-error

It is totally possible that the XBMC makes an illegal call to the driver, but this should not cause the driver to fail - if it does, it is a driver-bug.
Try updating to the latest drivers.

@MarcusDaze:
Can you post a debug-log from a XBMC-Session without doing the library-scan? That clutters up the logfile pretty good...

Another thing you could try: Try exporting your movies-library - does XBMC crash there too? It could be that your database is corrupt in a way which cannot be handled by XBMC.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

It's my wife's computer, but she hasn't seen a single crash or error with anything else on it in months.

Running the latest drivers seemed to have stopped the bluescreens at least, the computer still locks up like crazy though. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it being driver related, ATi drivers make me weep. :|
HenryFord Wrote:@MarcusDaze:
Can you post a debug-log from a XBMC-Session without doing the library-scan? That clutters up the logfile pretty good...

Another thing you could try: Try exporting your movies-library - does XBMC crash there too? It could be that your database is corrupt in a way which cannot be handled by XBMC.

At the moment XBMC runs fine so i can't get a log that shows any errors.

I tried to export the libary and it worked just fine. Why did i export btw?

But as fast as XBMC start crashing again i'll post a log without the libary scan! Smile
http://pastebin.com/L9u0Lwxe

Log is from a fresh install using default skin, I'm guessing the D3DERR_DEVICELOST is a not so subtle hint the issue is GPU related. Blush
I have just remembered that i have many views activated. I have gone now to "Multiple" & "Posters".

I am wondering whether this is the cause. I will keep you posted. Out of interest... do you have many views active ?
MarcusDaze Wrote:I tried to export the libary and it worked just fine. Why did i export btw?
This was to check if your library is corrupted - if XBMC has any problems with the movie-library itself, it is likely that you would have seen a crash while exporting.

@st0nedpenguin
Yes, no, maybe - it is really hard to tell. The error you get is a common error with the d3d-device. Check this out for probable causes:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...85%29.aspx

But this could also mean that there is a problem with the driver. I suspect ATIs driver-set aswell. This is exactly the reason why I'll move back to NVidia after my current ATI: The support is just...well..."not good".
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HELP!] Xbmc crashes randomly!0