Auto Download Subtitles
I have got the plugin (XBMC Subtitles) to grab subtiles automaticly but am unsure how to use it.

Can someone help me?
When playing a video bring up the menu and select the Subtitle button.
Hitcher Wrote:When playing a video bring up the menu and select the Subtitle button.

That doen't do anything different. I tried the same why that I normally do for shows that include subtitles in the file and for ones where I copy in the srt.

I didn't have it configured in add-on but have now, but still dont see how to tell it to search.
I second this request. I have been searching for information on this for a while.

I have the subtitle add on enabled.
Enabled settings, skin, add-on, video osd
Then the instructions say go to the OSD for subtitles....
then what ?

(How and when do the subtitles get downloaded ?)

Thanks.
Click on the Subtitle button - it normally looks like a speech balloon with lines in it.
Hitcher Wrote:Click on the Subtitle button - it normally looks like a speech balloon with lines in it.

Thanks for this. When I click on the subtitles button, I am not presented with subtitles. The subtitles are enabled. There is no subtitle file in the movie directory.

Is there any indication when the add on is working ?
The add-on should run when you click the Subtitle button and you'll be shown a list of files to choose from.

Hitcher,

Thanks for this. I did not spot that before; I thought that we were talking about the Audio settings/subtitles on the OSD.

Got it now !
Hitcher/fishypops

could you please give me some indication on where to find the subtitles button?
In Video OSD, I have 6 buttons on top of the video control buttons.
the 3 buttonns on the right are:
bookmarks, audio and subtitles settings, video settings
the 3 buttons on the right are greyed out, cant click on them
i do have the xbmc subtitles add-on enabled
I cant find any other buttons in the video OSD
I would really appreciate your help

THanks
managed to find out how to get it to work

if anyone else having the same problem, you need to do this;

select XBMC Subtitles under System->Skin->Addon Shortcuts->Video OSD> enable subtitle download and click on 'path to subtitle add-on', select xdmc subtitles.

that un-greys out the subtitle button in the OSD
There is no need to use the subtitle addon button on the fullscreen menu OSD as not all skins has it.

First the best thing to do is configure your addon and choose the best settings that suits you then assign the script to one of your remote buttons so that it can be triggered in any skin not just on the ones that has this specific button! And it also works faster than normal.

Instructions are here how to add the script to one of your remote buttons, works in every skin I tried. If you want more help let me know!

Cheers,
EG.
breather Wrote:managed to find out how to get it to work

if anyone else having the same problem, you need to do this;

select XBMC Subtitles under System->Skin->Addon Shortcuts->Video OSD> enable subtitle download and click on 'path to subtitle add-on', select xdmc subtitles.

that un-greys out the subtitle button in the OSD
Are you sure for it? It is impossible the path System\Skin. I am using the Neon Skin and i can use either Settings\System or Settings\Skin.
Unless you mean something different.
Pls give instructions step by step because i face the same problem with 2-3 movies
@SALAMINOMACHOS

STEP 1 settings
STEP 2 skin
STEP 3 general
STEP 4 show subtitle scrip button in OSD
STEP 5 script path
STEP 6 XBMC subtitles
ok, I get to step 5 and XBMC Subtitles is not an option.
I do have it in add-ons and it is enabled, but I can;t select it and the OSD menu is still greyed out.
I am using the default skin
1. system
2. Skin
3. Add-on shortcuts
4. Video OSD
5. Enable subtitle download in video OSD
6. Path to subtitle Add-on <<< Click on this and select XBMC subtitles

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto Download Subtitles0