MP4 - Video but no Sound
Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. This just started happening and was working before. The only thing that I have been installing are skin and script updates with no changes to windows 7 components or my drivers. This is happing on trailers and other MP4 files; and my MKV's and ISO's (both with no compression) continue to play fine. This is also happening in Windows Media Player (which I do not use) to validate it is not just XBMC. I am not sure what to do at this point. I only use MP4's on my Home Theater Experience script but I also went into the file manager and clicked on a trailer file to see if it would play as well - no sound. My setup - running sound and video through HDMI through my receiver and then onto my projector. No changes have been made to my receiver either. Thanks for any help.
*bump

Anyone......
I had this problem as well and after some time realized I had to change the audio output in xbmc in 'Audio and Output Settings' while playing the movie.

You've probably already tried it, but thats my bet. otherwise see if the videos work in VLC, could be a prob with the vids/codecs
Utterstrom Wrote:I had this problem as well and after some time realized I had to change the audio output in xbmc in 'Audio and Output Settings' while playing the movie.

You've probably already tried it, but thats my bet. otherwise see if the videos work in VLC, could be a prob with the vids/codecs

Yeah, I played with that. It is the strangest problem. I did not think XBMC and windows media player shared codecs or anything? I will try VLC and see what happens. The odd thing is that I have not tinkered with my PC at all. I may need to delete and and re-load/update my HDMI driver and give that a try too.
I had the same problem, the sound just dissappeared, though it was because the audio preferences were the problem.. It was strange because I have lots of movies that have the same audio, but just a few that there's no sound..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP4 - Video but no Sound0