[CPU] AMD X3 450 3.2Ghz AM3
[MB] Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H
[GPU] ASUS GT430 LP
[SDD] Kingston SSDNow S100-Solid State
[HDD] Seagate BARRACUDA GREEN 2TB SATA3 5.9K 64MB
[RAM] Kingston HyperX blu-Minne-2GB 2 x 1GB-DIMM
[PSU] ANTEC EA-380GREEN

[REMOTE]
Currently I use both my iphone and a cheap Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 with RF where the media-keys automaticly got recognized and worked in XBMC. The keyboard works nice, but I am not completely satisfied with the range, so I might buy one of those Motorola remotes later on if there's good reports on the range Smile But if you take into account the price of the keyboard, it's a winner. The RF receiver is the one plugged into the USB in the front.

The build:
I am VERY happy with this build. It's pretty quiet and very fast. The most noisy part atm is the CPU fan, which is a boxed AMD fan and I might replace it later on.

The system:
Tried running the premade xbmc-live build, but no luck with getting xbmc to launch. So I installed Ubuntu minimal with xbmc-live via the guide on the wiki. Works perfect, but spent some time solving problems like the GRUB-installer insisting on installing grub on the USB flash drive I installed from and audio over HDMI. But now it works Smile Very fast launch, and very satisfied.

Big thanks goes out to everyone contributing on here, from system devs to people helping out on the forums Smile
I would love to see the images but I get

403 forbidden Sad
Yea, can't access the pics either but the build looks solid Smile Though that CPU is a little overkill if you only want to use it for streaming Video/Audio. What size is your SSD? 8GB? 16GB?
Fixed the pics... Somehow uploader.ws doesn't like these forums as referal.. Put them on imageshack now... Will put up some more pics tomorrow of the inside...

Choque: Sure, but how much do you save on choosing a cheaper cpu? Not much compared to total costs, + I will be using the box as NAS and some other stuff as well Smile 16GB SSD. More then enough space. Right now I'm only using 3.5GB on the system disk, but 16 gives way more speed then the 8GB version... Very happy with it Smile
Yea you're right about that Smile And I know, the 8GB version only got 90MB/s while the 16GB one got 230MB/s read speed Smile
Congrats to your fine build!
Choque Wrote:Yea you're right about that Smile And I know, the 8GB version only got 90MB/s while the 16GB one got 230MB/s read speed Smile
Congrats to your fine build!

Exactly, thanks Smile
thats top noch my friend, congratz to you!!

I have almost the same HTPC as you, performance wise Smile

im only missing a GT430 which i didnt need for now...
I like it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] My Final Build0