Black screen when I enter XBMC in aTV2
Question 
aTV software version 4.1.1
I tried to remove and re-install it from ATV Flash maintenance menu, but still get a black screen when I enter XBMC from aTV menu.
What should I do to fix this?
kursad Wrote:aTV software version 4.1.1
I tried to remove and re-install it from ATV Flash maintenance menu, but still get a black screen when I enter XBMC from aTV menu.
What should I do to fix this?

Exit xbmc
Ssh to the atv
cd /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata
rm guisettings.xml

That should do it.
Thank you, it worked
Sorry for the macro bump! :/

First of all I want to say thanks because this also help me!

I am a recent ATV2/XBMC user, bought one 3 days ago but had this happen to me some times already.

Does anyone know the reason for this? Is this skin related? A bad skin? A bad installation? So far it only happened to me using ReFocus, but I am not using other skins.

It's quite frustrating. I've had this happen to me this morning, I did the SSH removal of the file, but of course it got me back to the Confluence skin. Changed back to ReFocus but tonight this happened to me again...

Thanks in advance for any help someone might provide!
samukas Wrote:Sorry for the macro bump! :/

First of all I want to say thanks because this also help me!

I am a recent ATV2/XBMC user, bought one 3 days ago but had this happen to me some times already.

Does anyone know the reason for this? Is this skin related? A bad skin? A bad installation? So far it only happened to me using ReFocus, but I am not using other skins.

It's quite frustrating. I've had this happen to me this morning, I did the SSH removal of the file, but of course it got me back to the Confluence skin. Changed back to ReFocus but tonight this happened to me again...

Thanks in advance for any help someone might provide!

where's xbmc.log ?
You're right! Here: http://pastebin.com/JZJPkUWp

Lanched XBMC, home screen showed, 2 seconds later the screen turned black... Then, 10 seconds, give it or take, I pressed the MENU button to exit XBMC and get back to frontrow.
you are running skin.refocus, run skin.confluence.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black screen when I enter XBMC in aTV20