Video shutter on Zotac GT210
I am experiencing a strange behaviour lately on my i3 + Zotac GT210 setup.

A large selection of videos seem to suffer from a strange kind of shutter but without any dropped frames. Feels like it stopes for a few frames and then plays them at a quicker frame rate to get back in sync. I noticed it on some 720p tv shows but also on 1080p content. CPU load is minimal.

I've tried different sync option in video settings but nose seem to make a difference. Video card is connected through HDMI to the AVR which extracts the audio and forwards the video to the TV by HDMI.

The Zotac boxes play the same files from the same NAS just fine so I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this kind of behaviour.
XBMC Live: i3 530 / GT210 / 2GB / SSD + 2 x Zotac HD01 / 2GB / SSD
unRAID Pro: 6 x 1TB + 2 x 1.5TB + 2 x 2TB + 2 x 500G over GbE
HP Micro Server: SABnzbd+, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, uTorrent, Media Companion, MySQL, MKV Toolnix
Hmmmm...That is odd. From my experience the Zotac should handle the same content.

Are using the very newest XBMC live?

I'm not sure which one is the newest but the installation was about 2-3 month ago.
HP Micro Server: SABnzbd+, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, uTorrent, Media Companion, MySQL, MKV Toolnix
what is your HDTV? LCD 120Hz?
TV is in Movie mode with 100Hz Motion Plus and all "clever enhancement" set to Off.

It feels like is trying to adapt to a different refresh rates and compensates for the difference but I set it up to set the display to the movie frame rate, and indeed the TV reports 1080p24 but strange stuttering remains.

At this point I'm not sure whether is the video card, the pc or the xbmc live installation. Sad
nah, most likely your HDTV...

i had this exact issue on my new SAMSUNG LCD 120Hz....

After trying everything, what did the trick is TURNING OFF the AUTO MOTION PLUS completely...

like bring back your TV to 60Hz...

problem fixed
What is your CPU usage on 1080p file playback?

I mentioned above that is already OFF. Switching it ON produces a totally different effect, like the the movie was shot with a consumer camera.
poofyhairguy Wrote:What is your CPU usage on 1080p file playback?

5-10% at most across all cores.
unlug HTPC from HDTV...
plug HTPC to a PC monitor (HDMI or VGA)
play same movie that has issue...

issue still occurs?
maxinc Wrote:5-10% at most across all cores.

So VDPAU is working.

If it was the card then you would be getting heavy artifacting.

Hmm....

One last thing. Turn off VDPAU and tell us what playback is like.

Wait, change the mode to 60Hz? My HDTV got 200Hz does that mean I have to change it to 60Hz (not even sure if that's possible or if I want that lol) to watch 1080p fluently?
eskro Wrote:unlug HTPC from HDTV...

issue still occurs?

I've put one of the zBoxes on the same AVR -> TV link and it plays flawlessly. I'm testing with the Samsung Oceanic Demo which peaks at 70mbps and the little Atom box plays it nicely while the i3 + GT210 combo shutters. None of them drop any frames according to XBMC status overlay.
Choque Wrote:Wait, change the mode to 60Hz? My HDTV got 200Hz does that mean I have to change it to 60Hz (not even sure if that's possible or if I want that lol) to watch 1080p fluently?

u mean 240Hz... its an LCD?

im just saying that AUTO MOTION PLUS was the culprit for me!
when i go back to 60Hz mode, no more refresh/frame problems...

but just try this, without AV receiver in between,
unlug HTPC from HDTV...

issue still occurs?
Haha lol I just googled. In germany the TV (LG 47LE8500) got 200Hz and in the US it got 240Hz. Guess thats related to PAL and NTSC. And no, it's a Full LED TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video shutter on Zotac GT2100