XBMC Stargate Animated Home Screen
Very impressive.
(2011-04-13, 16:48)TugboatBill Wrote: Hey, the 8th and 9th chevrons aren't lit! Laugh

Light em up..!!
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

I used your script to try it out. It is very effective. The only difficulty I had was that it was the same screen for all the home menu items. If I wanted it for just the videos and not the weather, music, etc; how could I do that?
You would just need to add a visible condition so that it is only shown when that menu item is selected. Also, instead of replacing the default backgrounds you would just add the stargate code after the default backround code. That way it will cover the default background when that menu item is selected.
Needs spinning! :D

and make it swoosh when you select a home button, and animate going into the wormhole to end up at the new menu/window.

and a pony.
Thanks, I positioned it well down in the Home xml and the defaults became visible again for all the various 'on clicks' Just have to create the visible condition for, say, videos (could be any of the menu items). This is where my ability comes to a grinding halt Smile

Oh, and Ned, You are a very sick man Smile
Container(id).HasFocus(item_number)

Container id is the id number of the control that you switch through home screen items. item_number should be self explanatory. If that item number is focused then the condition is true.

Put the four controls in a group and add a visible condition like this:

Code:
<control type="group" id="17">
<visible>Container(69).HasFocus(3)</visible>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>280</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>720</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <texture>white.png</texture>
            <colordiffuse>ff000055</colordiffuse>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>280</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>720</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <texture>GateEventHorizon.png</texture>
            <animation effect="rotate" start="0" end="360" center="640,360" time="60000" loop="true" condition="true">conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" end="80" time="0" condition="true">conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="zoom" start="100" end="110" center="640,360" time="30000" pulse="true" condition="true">conditional</animation>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>280</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>720</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <texture flipy="true">GateEventHorizon.png</texture>
            <animation effect="rotate" start="360" end="0" center="640,360" time="55000" loop="true" condition="true">conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" end="80" time="0" condition="true">conditional</animation>
        </control>
        <control type="image">
            <posx>0</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <height>720</height>
            <texture>gate.png</texture>
        </control>
</control>
Brilliant Smile thanks for such prompt replies. you can deal with Ned if you like Smile Smile
No problem. Ned is a smart guy; he could probably throw that all together in the time it takes me to search the wiki to figure out how to do it all correctly.
Well thanks anyway, I think I see now how it works now so thanks again. You did say in an earlier post that you were working on a follow-up wormhole idea. Has that progressed at all?
That is damn neat and very geek-worthy Smile Excellent work
(2013-03-14, 16:20)pan2 Wrote: Well thanks anyway, I think I see now how it works now so thanks again. You did say in an earlier post that you were working on a follow-up wormhole idea. Has that progressed at all?

All I did with the wormhole idea was a window close zoom animation with a white flash at the end signalling passing the event horizon. I got burnt out on it all before I could get the wormhole to look right and just haven't felt the urge to pick it back up again.

Either from :02 through :06 or :11 through the end are the only parts of the wormhole transition that I think would be relatively easy to accomplish (all the other effects seem to complex):
That's fine, maybe some other really clever guy will try it Smile ooooh Neeeed! Smile
* Ned Scott runs away
Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Stargate Animated Home Screen1