[WIN ]Just about to make the following purchases (first proper HTPC - very excited!)
I would swap the Earthwatts PSU for the Antec 400W High Current Gamer. Despite the "gamer" moniker it's very quiet, much more so than the Earthwatts and it's only ~8£ more.
well I don't need a particularly high wattage psu as I'm only running one SSD and a relatively low-spec video card. Basically I'm after the quietest PSU for the cheapest price possible (whilst also being high quality).

Can anyone else give any other psu alternatives? Have you actually compared the two in a side-by-side test?
Most people seem to like Corsair PSUs, though they're actually made by Seasonic. I have one in my gaming rig and can't fault it. Ebuyer have the 430W model in stock, which is a bit overkill, but it's cheaper than the Antec ones.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
Nothing wrong with ebuyer, served me well in the past. I'll be building a similar machine to yours in the next couple of months, and I had my eye on a Casesom case as well (a bigger one, since I'll have HDDs in it).

Anyways, Since your motherboard has 8 channel audio, that case might not have an HD audio-compatible front 3.5mm jack. Your 5.1 speakers will run fine from the back 3 ports, but if you're like me you might want the option to add more later. Smile

I've sent a ticket in asking them whether my case comes with HD audio or just AC'97 on the front port. I'll try and remember to post the response here when I get it.

*edit*
Yeah, I've just had a closer look at your motherboard and you should have plenty of audio jacks to play with for possible 7.1 later on. Just ignore me Smile
IMO you should just stick with the integrated graphics. I see no benefit in adding the GT210.
Mallet21 Wrote:IMO you should just stick with the integrated graphics. I see no benefit in adding the GT210.

are the integrated graphics any good on the mobo I'm getting?

this seems to contradict what other people have said...
This? can be good?

http://translate.google.it/translate?sl=..._6222.html
MiL0 Wrote:are the integrated graphics any good on the mobo I'm getting?

this seems to contradict what other people have said...

They are just as good as the GT210. You can always add a dedicated card down the road that will support the latest and greatest features (HD audio,3D etc) but IMO the GT210 is quite redundant with that Mobo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIN ]Just about to make the following purchases (first proper HTPC - very excited!)0