Media library greyed out
Hello everyone my first post so please be gentle.

I've googled this and found a few threads but not of this problem recently.

I've just downloaded xbmc ripped a few blu rays to my hd added the source for the video which shows up as a named filed it xbmc.

When I click left to then enable a media library to start making it look pretty the media library bit is greyed out.

I have tried absolutely everything since finishing work at 4pm and it just wont change.

Running windows 7 premium 64 bit on an i3 based system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mark Smile
Welcome to the forums, did you scan them into the library as well? If not you need to do that before you can enable library mode.
Maybe this can help.. forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964
Asus Essentio CS5110, Intel E8300, 2 GB Ram, 8600M GT
treefour Wrote:Welcome to the forums, did you scan them into the library as well? If not you need to do that before you can enable library mode.
Maybe this can help.. forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964

Quick start: arrow down to the source you've just added, press C then select Set content and change the scraper to whatever is appropriate anc click OK. Answer Yes when you're asked to update the library now, and you should see a status window at the top right as XBMC updates the library. When this has finished you'll be able to enable Library mode.

JR
Thank you for the replies.

I've done that and a little box comes up and it updates the files but still the library bit is greyed Sad

Im using the movie scraper to get the info as it's for blu ray
Does it matter about the file name?

It says playing title00.mkv

It's named Madagascar_escape_to_jungle.

I've checked three times this morning about the scraper/content still the library is greyed out :facepalm:
Is the library scan actually identifying the blurays you have? If it cant correctly identify the movie title, it may not be scraped at all, so your library will still be empty meaning you can't access it.

Try creating a simply dummy film titled so xbmc can easily pick it up.

i.e
fight club (1999).avi

see if it scans correctly. if it does then the library wont be greyed out. enter the library and see if it has your blurays.

Ultimately it sounds as though its not finding any info for you movies. Usually down to bad naming convention.

Best using
[moviename] [(movieyear)].***

try
Madagascar 2 Escape 2 Africa (2008)
or
Madagascar Escape 2 Africa (2008)

RBX
Thanks rbx.

Just imported timbaland shock value cd. Plays fine and finds artwork/thumbnail but still library mode is greyed :-(
I've got it working!!

Woohoo.

Many thanks everyone now let's try a second film lol
be sure to post what you did to resolve the issue so other people with similar problems can benefit from this thread.
Thanks rudeboyx

I did exactly as you advised.

The title was coming up as Madagascar_escape_2_africa

I changed it to Madagascar escape to Africa (2008)

Re-scanned it with the scraper and then it began finding info for the film and once this was done it would let me create a library for it to go in.

Very pleased.

Thanks
Mark
Yeah great piece of advice - make sure the movie is named correctly, clever as the scrapers are they aren't mind readers- always better to name the movie as it is on the scraper site, rather than the name you think it should be.
Glad to here your issue is resolved. now you can sit back and take advantage of all the wonderful features the xbmc library has to offer. Wink

RBX

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media library greyed out0