[Windows] Editing keyboard.xml file to "jump" titles by letter
I am using this full size keyboard with xbmc:

I am trying to have xbmc jump to the movies that start with a, when I press the a key, and etc for every regular letter (I will be using this while in the showcase view, I am using aeon mp2). People have directed me to some threads and the wiki, and I have edited the keyboard.xml file to try to get this to work but I'm not sure I have the right syntax.

From what I have read, key mappings defined here overwrite the ones in the system file, and you can specify which areas they apply in xbmc using some syntax. Ideally I would use a section instead of global where they would only apply when I am in a showcase type area, browsing the movie titles, but I am fine with them applying everywhere, if there is not a specific way to do that, and thus I am just using global for now. Also I realize that p will not be play anymore etc, if I get this working in a specific area of xbmc, that is fine as my keyboard has some dedicated keys for play/pause and volume that seem to work fine.

I went to %APPDATA%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\ , and keyboard.xml did not exist, so I created it, and this is the code I have so far:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<a>JUMPA</a>
<d>JUMPD</d>
<p>JUMPP</p>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

This does not seem to work, I am basing this on the JumpSMS2-9 syntax that others have shown, as I am trying to do something similar, but since I have a full keyboard, I am trying to map each letter to go directly to the titles starting with that.
Thumbs Up 
:o Someone just explained that you can use SHIFT + Letter to jump to the titles, and that seems to work fine. So seems I don't need to quite do this editing, however I am still interested to see if this would work, and this is interesting to see how to customize the program.
There is no such action as "jumpa" etc. For a list of all the actions and functions available in keymaps see:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Action_IDs
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Editing keyboard.xml file to "jump" titles by letter0