Metropolis Artwork
Hi Group

I just started using Metropolis and have it set to Steampunk. I swapped out a few typefaces that I feel are more Steampunk-ish. Easy enough. Now I would like to replace some of the graphics with some stuff I have drawn, but I can't find the graphics files. Would you point me to them?

TIA
You will have to build a new theme .xbt file from source if you want to do that, or modify all the lines of source containing the old one and point them to your new ones.

I would look up on how to compress images into a .xbt, and use the original theme's source files to build a new theme containing your modified images, then put it in the themes folder.
Steampunk Theme Source
xbt TexturePacker forum post
TexturePacker Wiki

Smile
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Thank you. It was not too hard unpacking the art. I'll make some baby step changes and re-pack to see how that works. I appreciate the help.
(2016-03-31, 04:55)RyeHumor Wrote: Hi Group

I just started using Metropolis and have it set to Steampunk......

TIA

Hi,

sorry this might be a stupid question: How do i set the Skin Theme to Steampunk? And are there any other Themes that can be added??
Settings->Appearance->Skin->Theme
Hi Group,

I unpacked the Steampunk.xbt and Textures.xbt files and removed the items I would like to modify. I re-packed the two xbt files and added the removed files to the media folder. It seams Kodi looks first to the Steampunk.xbt file, if not there then to the Textures.xbt file and if not there to the Media folder. I can make changes to the art and click reload skin. This makes the process much more interactive.

I believe I understand the intent of MacGyver's reply, but 30 years of following the same workflow schema means I will get to the point he suggests, but by a different route.

Of course I back everything up first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis Artwork0