[WIP] Metropolis skin
it should,, just tell me Wink

compile is done at 2:00 am GMT
noiz13 Wrote:do want this looks awsome

i kno right? Laugh
ppic Wrote:it should,, just tell me Wink

compile is done at 2:00 am GMT

Yup, worked fine. Wink
kind stumbled across this one, and to be honest I like it quite a bit. Right now using the darker blue theme rather than the leather, I was wondering if it would be possible to add a theme with a more metallic look to it or perhaps a charcoal theme...I know it is probably at the bottom of the to do list, but I really do like the work.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Love this skin, runs like butter on my atv2.
One question, how do I get the poster artwork and the banner artwork on the tvshow setting, if I select banner then both banner and poster are the same and vice versa..how do I get both banner artwork and poster to display at same time in the Banner Poster view?

thanks
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:kind stumbled across this one, and to be honest I like it quite a bit.

That was my feeling when I first came across it and why I wanted to continue it. Laugh

Quote:Right now using the darker blue theme rather than the leather, I was wondering if it would be possible to add a theme with a more metallic look to it or perhaps a charcoal theme...I know it is probably at the bottom of the to do list, but I really do like the work.

Amra put some great forethought in creating all of the textures and structuring the code to easily support various color schemes. Once I get some more of the core items up to speed I'll be venturing down that road (though I suspect I will be playing with before it's done Big Grin).
-stoli-
homerjs Wrote:Love this skin, runs like butter on my atv2.
One question, how do I get the poster artwork and the banner artwork on the tvshow setting, if I select banner then both banner and poster are the same and vice versa..how do I get both banner artwork and poster to display at same time in the Banner Poster view?

thanks

From the first post:
Quote:Be aware that like Alaska Revisited and a few other skins, Metropolis uses banner.jpg, landscape.jpg and logo.png files to better use multiple image sizes/styles in the viewtypes. When adding items to the Library, set XBMC to download Posters by default.
Basically, make sure that you have "banner.jpg" in each of your tvshow folders. And if you also want to use one of the logo views or a view that includes the landscape image then you will need to have both of those images present in each tv show's folder. Also, check the Metropolis settings for an option to use the banner, landscape & logo files. It's been a while since i looked at the code but I may have turned those off by default & you have to enable the option. Don't remember right now.

thetvdb.com is a good source for banner & landscape jpeg files while fanart.tv is good for the logo.png files
homerjs Wrote:Love this skin, runs like butter on my atv2.

thanks

This view expects that your default scrapper settings downloaded a poster for the TV Show and either via the skin or other method you downloaded the banner as banner.jpg and saved it in the TV show's folder.

Hope that helps,
-stoli-
And just to get things more automated grab Artwork Downloader from xbmc-repo 'Eden' (it's under programs). Chose the artwork you want and run the add-on.

Note:
if you want to use the movie artwork all you movies need to have their own subfolders.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hey stoli. Sorry for cross-posting an answer to homerjs, I didn't notice you were on & I thought I would try to help him.

Also, I updated the first post with the link in your signature to download Metropolis for Eden off of github. Let me know if you want me to change/add anything else to the first post.
Amra Wrote:Hey stoli. Sorry for cross-posting an answer to homerjs, I didn't notice you were on & I thought I would try to help him.

Also, I updated the first post with the link in your signature to download Metropolis for Eden off of github. Let me know if you want me to change/add anything else to the first post.

No problem - It should probably be updated to also include the link for Passion Repository: http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download....-1.0.4.zip.

That will make things extremely easy for people to keep up-to-date without ever touching Git.

Thanks again for your work!
-stoli-
Thanks for the info, got it working, appreciated
TYhis skin is so awesome..almost brings tears to my eyes...so amazing looking...my wife thinks I'm crazy for being amazed by it
homerjs Wrote:I see under the Metropolis settings...Scripts/Extras ... the option to download TV logos, Landscape and Banner images and then check boxes below to USE 'TV Show Logos'
Use 'Landscape' for tv show etc
I enabled these and rescanned however still not doing the poster and banner. Each tv show folder has poster.jpg , banner.jpg , landscape.jpg, logo.png and clearart.png
Not sure why it isnt working

When you use a view that is just poster, does it display a poster properly or is it a stretched banner?
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:No problem - It should probably be updated to also include the link for Passion Repository: http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/Download....-1.0.4.zip.

That will make things extremely easy for people to keep up-to-date without ever touching Git.
Updated

stoli Wrote:Thanks again for your work!
You're welcome & Ditto. Wink
stoli Wrote:When you use a view that is just poster, does it display a poster properly or is it a stretched banner?

I was using the stretched banner as the thumb, did this in previous skin where I wanted banner not thumb. In this skin I just set thumb to be a thumb not a banner and then everything fell into place, banner shows and so does the thumb. Appreciate the help.
I have looked for several months for a good theme for my atv2...just stumbled on this today... amazing skin, really nothing compares to it. I appreciate the hard work and effort.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5