• 45(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
(2012-04-03, 16:33)jingai Wrote:
(2012-04-03, 00:17)thewarm Wrote: Also, I get an error about there being no image for Programs. "ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/backgrounds/programs.jpg". That's why I mentioned it.

I see it. It's just for the next aired script, but I've fixed it. Also fixed the unmatched parenthesis in DialogAddonSettings.xml.

Need to wait for Stoli to pull it, but it's not really a critical issue anyway.

-j

How do I fix it please?
Thanks
is there a way to get the menu in movie and serie view to the right and not centered every time the video stops it get the menu with the options
Stumbled across this today: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/6-coolest-f...center-si/

Looks like Metropolis made a short list of cool skins for XBMC. Cool!
IMHO, it deserves to be at the top of that list Wink
Just saw another little niggle in the skin. If you skip back/forward on a video you get director at the top of screen, and if you press info you get the synopsis. But if you pause you get both and they overlap each other.
My other one is a question. I don't use the library for my music, but each time I enter through the menu item it turns it back on, any ideas?
Just started using the skin and wanted to thank you as well. It is fantastic.
I noticed with one of the latest updates a "Pictures' option was added to the Addons menu, but it is off-centered and shows a blue bar instead of the normal orange font when selected.

Same thing with the TV Guide menu option.

Image Image
(2012-04-07, 07:53)mach170 Wrote: I noticed with one of the latest updates a "Pictures' option was added to the Addons menu, but it is off-centered and shows a blue bar instead of the normal orange font when selected.

Same thing with the TV Guide menu option.

Both of these have been fixed. Just waiting on Stoli to pull it.

-j
(2012-04-07, 02:46)kulprit Wrote: Just saw another little niggle in the skin. If you skip back/forward on a video you get director at the top of screen, and if you press info you get the synopsis. But if you pause you get both and they overlap each other.

This has been fixed. You'll see it in the next release Stoli makes.

Although it appears to never show the Director now if the Plot is present at all (not just visible). That probably wasn't intentional, but I don't know.

kulprit Wrote:My other one is a question. I don't use the library for my music, but each time I enter through the menu item it turns it back on, any ideas?

Does it do this in Confluence too?

-j
Just tried out metropolis this morning for the first time and I think it's definitely a keeper! Is there a way to reverse the watched items flag so that only items that are unwatched/new will show the icon? This is a bit more practical for me since I can see immediately when something new is available. This is the method used by reFocus and is an option in Aeon Nox.

I also notice that when using the icon home screen view (which is stunning btw..), the selections moving from left to right is quite laggy. It's around the "favourites/settings" area where this occurs mainly. Anyone else notice this? When browsing the settings area, it's silky smooth (this was tested on a new install of xbmc and was laggy even before adding any library etc..)

Thanks for everyone's great work
(2012-04-07, 21:19)knewknow Wrote: I also notice that when using the icon home screen view (which is stunning btw..), the selections moving from left to right is quite laggy. It's around the "favourites/settings" area where this occurs mainly. Anyone else notice this? When browsing the settings area, it's silky smooth (this was tested on a new install of xbmc and was laggy even before adding any library etc..)

Try turning off Recently Added in the settings and see if that fixes the jerkiness for you. If it does, then I've already fixed that issue.

If not, let me know and I'll figure it out.

-j
I can't seem to find the selection. Is it "Enable Random Items (default recently added)" under Home Options? That's not ticked now, but if I do the jerkiness is still there.
knewknow, I just realized it's not an option to select it when you're using the Icon view.

Do you have any of the home window items hidden? If you do, can you try it without hiding any of them? I've noticed that if any of them are hidden, it causes the left-most item to flicker when scrolling right. I don't see a slowdown, but it may be related.

-j
First i must say that i love this skin...

I have one question and one request:

1) When i view the info screen for TV shows, the image on the left is pulling the banner and is all smushed together. What image is it pulling? banner.jpg or folder.jpg?

2) Please add the ability to have PsuedoTV added to the home screen. Thanks Smile
(2012-04-08, 02:34)boccman Wrote: 2) Please add the ability to have PsuedoTV added to the home screen. Thanks Smile

+1 that.

It would be cool if I could change the TV Guide link to PsuedoTV.
Thanks jingai, I did see something else that could be improved.

When using recently added tv, which is probably the most used of the whole program for us, it looks very nice in fanart list. However it only shows the episode name until you actually highlight the episode. It would be nice if when using fanart list, just within recently added tv, that it had the show name as well as the episode name.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5