• 48(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
(2012-04-12, 17:31)jingai Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 08:42)bandelguy Wrote: Few Queries: -

Below is a screenshot I got when I entered the "ENTER" button on the keyboard.
I am wondering :-
1) Why the progress bar is overlapping with the album info?
2) Why does that white "Now playing" bar appear on the screen?
Both of the above things mar the beauty of the skin.

The music section in general needs some work. It's on my TODO list, but since I don't personally use XBMC for music, it's not the highest priority. Stoli might get to it before me, but if not, I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient.

-j

I've forked the git repo and am going to start working on some of the music area since it's one of the neglected areas. I'll take a look at the issues above and I'm also going to fix the duplicate artist info that shows up when you have it in "Panel Square" view.
(2012-04-12, 22:44)Aenima99x Wrote: I've forked the git repo and am going to start working on some of the music area since it's one of the neglected areas. I'll take a look at the issues above and I'm also going to fix the duplicate artist info that shows up when you have it in "Panel Square" view.

Yay, your help is much appreciated (I'm sure Stoli will agree)!

Plus it means I don't have to do it lol. I wasn't looking forward to it (mostly since I don't use it myself), but it was tickling the OCD in me Smile

-j
(2012-04-12, 22:43)thewarm Wrote: I also noticed that when I enable CD Art, the spinning disk is oblong!

You're probably using a 16:10 aspect ratio

is anyone else having issues with the banner views i am finding i cannot get banners to show on some tv shows like csi miami i just get the banner not available in it's place and i try to run the download banners,logos,etc.. option in the metropolis settings and it scans through then i get a script error for artwork downloader

i have manually tried to add banners by opening up the information window on the show and trying refresh it does not work so then i tried adding a banner as the thumbnail and i get the banner picture to appear in place of the poster in the information window but when i close nothing appears in the banner place

is there a way around this to get them to work artwork downloader appears to be having problems i have tried on two different machines also is it possible to add some more options to the information window so a get banner, get fanart,get logo option to there as well as these work on other skins and i can get banners to appear on skins like aeon nox and confluence just not on metropolis which is the skin i want to use

some sort of way to force banners to appear would be great

never mind got the artwork downloader addon to work properly turns out my addon_data path substitution was conflicting with it so i removed that from advancedsettings.xml and it downloaded the banners just fine
I have seen that in most WIP skins or skins which have come out of WIP stage , most of the skinners ignore making any good music views. Most of the concepts go in the movie and tv sections, whereas music section is mostly neglected.

It will be good for Metropolis users to get good views for music section too if Aenima99x takes up and makes some progress in the music section.

CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Thank you Aenima99x. Your help is appreciated.
(2012-04-13, 00:59)sialivi Wrote:
(2012-04-12, 22:43)thewarm Wrote: I also noticed that when I enable CD Art, the spinning disk is oblong!

You're probably using a 16:10 aspect ratio

1920x1080
and besides, it looks like an egg rotating!
(2012-04-13, 14:12)Amra Wrote: Thank you Aenima99x. Your help is appreciated.

No thank YOU for this skin. You created a beautiful work and I'm glad it's being kept updated by everyone.
(2012-04-13, 13:49)bandelguy Wrote: I have seen that in most WIP skins or skins which have come out of WIP stage , most of the skinners ignore making any good music views. Most of the concepts go in the movie and tv sections, whereas music section is mostly neglected.

It will be good for Metropolis users to get good views for music section too if Aenima99x takes up and makes some progress in the music section.
I'm the first to admit that I suck at anything graphics-related, so if there are any design ideas for the music section PLEASE let me know.
(2012-04-12, 08:42)bandelguy Wrote: Few Queries: -

Below is a screenshot I got when I entered the "ENTER" button on the keyboard.
I am wondering :-
1) Why the progress bar is overlapping with the album info?
2) Why does that white "Now playing" bar appear on the screen?
Both of the above things mar the beauty of the skin.

Just fixed both of these issues and submitted the pull request to Stoli.
Hi stoli, I've updated a few addons skins due to some changes with the addon and some omissions.

GlobalSearch_ skin.metropolis.zip Reason, changes to the context menu.
TV Guide_skin.metropolis.zip Reason, Addon updates.
PseudoTV skin.metropolis.zip Reason, forgot the scrollbar in channel config and adjusted the top info bar in the script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml.

Cheers.
The PsuedoTV skin.metropolis.zip wont extract for me...ive tried winrar and 7zip...
(2012-04-17, 01:48)boccman Wrote: The PsuedoTV skin.metropolis.zip wont extract for me...ive tried winrar and 7zip...

Sorry mate Blush, updated file, please try to DL it again and give it another go.

That worked.... thanks..
(2012-04-08, 05:35)mach170 Wrote:
(2012-04-08, 02:34)boccman Wrote: 2) Please add the ability to have PsuedoTV added to the home screen. Thanks Smile

+1 that.

It would be cool if I could change the TV Guide link to PsuedoTV.

I've added this and sent the pull request to Stoli. If you have the Pseudo TV addon installed, it will now show a link in the TV Shows submenu below the TV Guide link.
(2012-04-17, 18:05)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2012-04-08, 05:35)mach170 Wrote:
(2012-04-08, 02:34)boccman Wrote: 2) Please add the ability to have PsuedoTV added to the home screen. Thanks Smile

+1 that.

It would be cool if I could change the TV Guide link to PsuedoTV.

I've added this and sent the pull request to Stoli. If you have the Pseudo TV addon installed, it will now show a link in the TV Shows submenu below the TV Guide link.

Much thanks
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5