• 77(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
No problem, I will try to get to it this weekend.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
(2015-05-28, 20:23)jingai Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 09:17)great_vc Wrote: I notice this area that is empty,

can you have some more info there, as perhaps how many votes the rating has (7.5 stars, 120.000 votes)
it will be a good info

It's actually supposed to have the rating info there. Not sure why it's not printing, but I'll fix it. I usually display the path instead so I just hadn't noticed it went missing.

awesome news jingai as its the only one that i need more on the info screen.
Thank you
(2015-05-28, 22:44)MacGyver Wrote: No problem, I will try to get to it this weekend.

Menu Refactor for Helix 3.0.3

It was made off of your official branch about an hour ago and displays "Able to merge. These branches can be automatically merged."

EDIT:
I should also remind you that the ability to see certain elements of the menu are conditional, so if you don't have "script.globalsearch" installed then you won't see "Search" as either a menu option or a menu element, the same with the PVR stuff. They're there, I assure you.

Also I have put every swinging applicable sub-menu in each element, I did this so that the users have the choice to leave them or not, but also to show an example of what sub-menu options are available. There is no ability to specifically "recover" an accidentally deleted menu item, however, the user can restore the entire menu back to default at anytime or just re-add the missing menu manually.

The user can also delete the "Settings" menu element, after it warns them of course, but I let them do it because everyone here is an adult and deserves the ability to break their own stuff if they choose. Big Grin (I would add that if you really want no "settings" menu element but also want to be able to access the settings menu that they create a sub-menu that points to "ActivateWindow(Settings) and maybe name it a simple ".").

This version doesn't have ALL of the widgets I have written for my personal version, I figured you could add the ones you like later after the initial merge was complete. That way you can see how to add them after the fact, so that you can add others later (the method would be obscured if it was in this initial merge). It does have all the common ones already set to display by default, but like the sub-menus they can all be changed or removed by the end-user.
Added almost 20 new widgets all from ExtendedInfo

In case you forgot here is how you move the menus around and delete the ones you don't want.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Hi, i have a few pointers/questions i would like to ask if you don't mind:

(2015-05-28, 20:23)jingai Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 09:17)great_vc Wrote: I notice this area that is empty,

can you have some more info there, as perhaps how many votes the rating has (7.5 stars, 120.000 votes)
it will be a good info

It's actually supposed to have the rating info there. Not sure why it's not printing, but I'll fix it. I usually display the path instead so I just hadn't noticed it went missing.

* Do you have an estimated on when this will be included ?

* Is it possible when you highlight a movie on the list, now on the background you have random fanart/backdrops of all the movies on your collection and not on the one selected. can it show only for the movie highlighted ?

* Are you planning on add the DVD art and clear logo perhaps on the up of the list as shown ?
Image Image ?

Thank you very much for your skin.
(2015-06-02, 13:13)great_vc Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 20:23)jingai Wrote: It's actually supposed to have the rating info there. Not sure why it's not printing, but I'll fix it. I usually display the path instead so I just hadn't noticed it went missing.

* Do you have an estimated on when this will be included ?

Next release. No ETA, but going to try for this month if I find the time.

(2015-06-02, 13:13)great_vc Wrote: * Is it possible when you highlight a movie on the list, now on the background you have random fanart/backdrops of all the movies on your collection and not on the one selected. can it show only for the movie highlighted ?

It already does only show fanart for the currently highlighted movie. Or are you asking for the opposite?

(2015-06-02, 13:13)great_vc Wrote: * Are you planning on add the DVD art and clear logo perhaps on the up of the list as shown ?

I am not a fan of skeuomorphism really, especially in a skin like Metropolis, so the DVD art will probably not happen. If anything, I would make it an option to show in the lower-left corner globally while the movie is playing, similar to how it shows CD art now.

Clear logos are currently shown in either the Clear Logo view, or in the Info dialog while watching a film. Squeezing it into the top is not something I will do, as that space is reserved for the header. It would honestly be really tiny even if I did try to squeeze it into there.
(2015-05-28, 20:24)jingai Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 12:56)ziggy73701 Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 23:02)MacGyver Wrote: You could use my personal version, it's pretty much current with 3.0.3, but it does still have the IMDB rating. (also no auto-updates, and has zero support from the official devs Smile )

Just wanted to say a quick thank you for your version... I spent about 3 weeks trying to integrate exactly what you have done!!!

Sadly my skinning skills suck and you saved what was left of my hair!!

If there any way you would run off as a official forkHuh

His changes will be merged into official soon enough. Be patient please.

Think my comment was taken to literal Big Grin NO rush at all guys... love what you do and.. well I tried to have a poke at skinning and ill be honest.. I quickly developed a whole new respect for you guys that do it!!
Quote:Next release. No ETA, but going to try for this month if I find the time.
ah ok, will be waiting then, just don't forget me Big Grin

Quote:It already does only show fanart for the currently highlighted movie. Or are you asking for the opposite?

Really ? i thought as well but last night i was paying attention to the rotation of the movies background and while i was viewing one movie i realize that i was watching backdrops of all my movies. I will check again, since you say that's the case i will have to investigative further.

Quote:I am not a fan of skeuomorphism really, especially in a skin like Metropolis, so the DVD art will probably not happen. If anything, I would make it an option to show in the lower-left corner globally while the movie is playing, similar to how it shows CD art now.

Clear logos are currently shown in either the Clear Logo view, or in the Info dialog while watching a film. Squeezing it into the top is not something I will do, as that space is reserved for the header. It would honestly be really tiny even if I did try to squeeze it into there.

fair enough then...i will love the spinning disk when playing the movie, it will add a really nice effect on the experiance.

Thank you for your time and answers
(2015-06-02, 15:47)great_vc Wrote:
Quote:It already does only show fanart for the currently highlighted movie. Or are you asking for the opposite?

Really ? i thought as well but last night i was paying attention to the rotation of the movies background and while i was viewing one movie i realize that i was watching backdrops of all my movies. I will check again, since you say that's the case i will have to investigative further.

Do you have "Extra Fanart" enabled?
yes in the Settings=>scripts/extras=>Enable Fan art is checked
Is there a way to Show Ratings and Studio flags on an addon like Genesis?
It shows up on my local movie db but blank on a streaming addon.

Edit: Thank You! Will look forward to the next release. I really appreciate the work you did on this skin.
This will be fixed in the next release.
I deleted all of my old forks, and created a clean perfect build off of the master. New Menu Refactor Fork

I've added two new widgets to the new menu fork as an example of how to add new features as the scripts Metropolis is using improve.
Adding new Widgets

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks MacGyver. I'll have some free time coming up here soon.
I removed about 7,000 lines of code, and added about 500. It will tell you I added more, but that is only because the auto-generated code is being added to that number. It should be completely configurable and with a lot less code now.
It's a labor of love so I don't mind helping out when I can. (after oh so many years, it's still he skin I use daily) Smile
Hi jingai, sorry to bother you again but i notice two things:

Is it possible to make the progress bar clickable like other skins. So that you can click on any part of the bar and navigate there on the movie?

Can you have maybe as an option to show the remaining time instead of the total time (02:02:20) of the movie ?

many thanks
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5