• 78(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
The mouse is not currently supported in Metropolis.
(2015-06-15, 15:50)jingai Wrote: The mouse is not currently supported in Metropolis.

i see, fair enough

what about this, any thoughts ?

Can you have maybe as an option to show the remaining time instead of the total time of the movie ?
I'll consider adding an option for showing remaining time..

To chime in with my own opinion though: it shows current, total, and end time currently. Between those three things, is it really necessary?

I mean, even if you don't want to be bothered to subtract total from current, it tells you the wall-clock time at which the movie will be over. If you know your movie will end at 9PM local time, is it any better to know that that is 30 minutes from now?
yeah i know!
It just as you said i'm bored to subtract Blush and i have a need to know that i have a 30 minute remaining to end the movie Big Grin

i will be happy to see it as an option, i prefer knowing that instead of the total time of the movie
You're kind of dodging my question, and I'm not sure why. Forget about the total time for a moment.

It shows you the wall-clock time at which the movie will finish

Say it's currently 7PM and you're inviting me to dinner. I ask you what time I should arrive. You can respond with either "in 2 hours" or "at 9PM". Both responses convey the same information. One is absolute and the other is relative.

If you asked Metropolis what time to arrive for dinner, it would currently answer "9PM".

I was asking you to convince me to add yet another checkbox to the myriad of settings already present just to make it answer "in 2 hours" instead.

edit: so I am perfectly clear.. you do understand that the line "FINISH: 16:18" means your movie would be over at 4:18PM, correct?
hehe, no need to drag this any further jingai. its just a quirk thing i have and had since windows media center before i jump into kodi, i had the remaining time of the movie and not the total time so i just wanted to have it again.

Of course i know that the movie will end at 16:18. Smile

thank you jingai for your awesome skin

edit: it just hit me. i'm comfortable on editing .xml files, can i change a line there or something easy to make showing the remaining time ? maybe to help you out a bit
Any chance you can add a "View trailer" button for when right clicking on movies in a library?
So I removed another 1000 lines of unneeded code (due to the menu refactor) and fixed the picture widgets code to allow for fullscreen viewing upon selection.

So clicking on this

will now give you this

On the menu-refactor branch obviously. Big Grin
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
jingai, i don't know if this is a bug but i have the tv show air date next enabled and it displayes correcly the next episode will air on the top of the tv shows list.
But when i enter inside a tv show cover and play a n episode when the episode is done and exit again to the root of tv shows section the next air date is gone.
I have to exit but to the main menu and re enter the tv shows section to have the next air episode shown again.

tnx
Added some missing studio flags.

WGN America
PlayStation Network
Netflix
BBC America
ABC (US)
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
@MacGyver, i dont know if you can help me with this since you are in skin coding yourself, appreciate any feedback

(2015-06-17, 09:26)great_vc Wrote: edit: it just hit me. i'm comfortable on editing .xml files, can i change a line there or something easy to make showing the remaining time ? maybe to help you out a bit
(2015-06-17, 09:26)great_vc Wrote: edit: it just hit me. i'm comfortable on editing .xml files, can i change a line there or something easy to make showing the remaining time ? maybe to help you out a bit

Change line 1439 in 720p\Includes.xml (line 1609 if you use the "slim" progress bar, or both if you like)

from
Code:
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time] [COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Duration]</label>
to
Code:
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining] [COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Duration]</label>

Vola. (Remaining/Total)

You could go crazy and just have all three by using
Code:
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Time] [COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] $INFO[VideoPlayer.TimeRemaining] [COLOR TextNF]/[/COLOR] $INFO[VideoPlayer.Duration]</label>

(Current/Remaining/Total)
@MacGyver

Thank you!!! so much!!!!
new kodi user. tried pretty much every skin available and Metropolis is the most tasteful and elegant I've used. Couple of things that would make it perfect for me...list fan art/ right list view with movie poster option instead of fanart would be awesome. Or, the option to hide hd/sd tags in file list view would be great. Not expecting this to be done as I'm sure you've got more important things to do, but just thought it was worth a shout. Keep up the good work my friend.
(2015-06-22, 01:45)Tariq77 Wrote: new kodi user. tried pretty much every skin available and Metropolis is the most tasteful and elegant I've used. Couple of things that would make it perfect for me...list fan art/ right list view with movie poster option instead of fanart would be awesome.

Seemed like a simple request given the recode jingai did with the views, so here is left/right selectable thumbnail choice for listviews if jingai wishes to implement it.

Built off of a clean master - thumbnail-choice branch

• 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5