• 79(current)
[WIP] Metropolis skin
I'll be getting to all of these things as soon as I can. Have had some unforeseen personal issues arise (never get a break, it seems).

@MacGyver, thanks for making things branches. Makes it so much easier for me to pull in your changes Smile
No problem jingai.
I had noticed you did some heavy redesigning of the code for the various views awhile back and that work made the above options SUPER simple. (It does make my personal version need a complete rewrite to add all the crap I use; bluray covers, stars, etc. though Tongue )

I hope everything works out with the personal stuff. Smile
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Yeah, that's partly why I was waiting on pulling your other changes in (at the time). I had already planned some foundation cleanup Smile
Well my conversion to script.skinshortcuts stripped out a lot of code, like multiple thousands of lines. It really only spans the 4 core home files so it should be pretty easy to clean up when you get the time.

Scream if you need anything from me.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I will. And I appreciate all the help!

Hopefully I'll get to look over things next week and start pulling stuff in. Want to do one more release for Helix and then move on to Isengard.
MacGyver...thanks so much for taking time to address my request, appreciate it! However, having re-read my post, I don't think I was clear enough. I was wondering if it'd be possible to keep the list fan art view as is, but replace the rectangular fan art frame with a standard movie poster in its standard form and placement? Couple of reasons for this- my ideal scenario would be to have a movie poster displayed, a scrolling mechanism where selected titles are centred as opposed to at the bottom (list fan art view is currently the only view that offers this) and no sd/hd tags present (something I think I could do myself if I had the knowledge to edit code?). Alternatively, if hd/sd tags and scrolling mechanism suggestions could be implemented in 'list' view, or a new view based on this, I would happily use this view as opposed to 'list fan art'. No problems if these things can't be addressed but just though it was worth clarifying. Thanks again!
(2015-07-05, 16:32)Tariq77 Wrote: I was wondering if it'd be possible to keep the list fan art view as is, but replace the rectangular fan art frame with a standard movie poster in its standard form and placement? Couple of reasons for this- my ideal scenario would be to have a movie poster displayed, a scrolling mechanism where selected titles are centred as opposed to at the bottom (list fan art view is currently the only view that offers this) and no sd/hd tags present (something I think I could do myself if I had the knowledge to edit code?). Alternatively, if hd/sd tags and scrolling mechanism suggestions could be implemented in 'list' view, or a new view based on this, I would happily use this view as opposed to 'list fan art'.

I still don't think I understand.

A - Current list view
B - Current list fanart
C - List Fanart with the fanart image replaced by the poster.
D - List Fanart replaced with poster and adjusted to maximize space.

How is D really all that different from A? (Is it just the centered part?)

I think Jingai was/is working on allowing more control of the items to the right (I remember him talking about them changing somehow), so that might already be in the works. The centering part is due to the "Type" of list and unless you can sell jingai on why the list would be a lot better as a fixedlist for everyone too, I'm not too sure about it. (there is no way I know of to change the "type" on the fly as an option for users short of adding a whole new list).

It's simple to modify it yourself, but those changes would get undone after any update, so are you prepared to modify them forever? If so.
Modify line 7 of "Viewtype_List.xml" in 720p from
Code:
<control type="list" id="55">
to
Code:
<control type="fixedlist" id="55">

and add the line
Code:
<focusposition>6</focusposition>
somewhere around line 24 (as its own new line) of the same file.

Have fun Big Grin
D isn't different from A, which is why there is no "List Poster" view.

As for centering, you kind of noted already.. I don't really want to have yet another view for something so trivial.

A toggle could be added for the tags on the right, I suppose.
thanks guys. Yeah only difference between D & A would be the centered part- totally trivial, as jingai suggests, so no problem, but thank you both for helping with code and also considering toggle for tags. Respect!
Long time no update, is the skin abandon or life got up with my fellows developers Big GrinBlush

What i wanted to add is two small bugs i have the tv show air date next enabled and it displayed correctly the next episode will air on the top of the tv shows list.
But when i enter inside a tv show cover and play an episode when the episode is done and exit again to the root of tv shows section the next air date is gone.
I have to exit but to the main menu and re enter the tv shows section to have the next air episode shown again.

Also on the modified skin the votes appear correctly on the movie info page but when you play a movie and hit pause, on the pause screen the votes section says NA

tnx
Skin is not abandoned.

I will check the TV Show Next Aired thing.
Awesome jingai
quick question, i have 218 ripped movies sorted by title. Is there a way that i press for example the letter "T" on the keyboard and go directly to the movies starting with "T" section?

edit: never mind found it, its shift-letter Big Grin
I agree with the thought process great_vc (Currently you just have to press Shift + <A-Z> to get this behaviour.), I'll look into seeing if maybe one more click to the right could switch the scrollbar's function to allow us to scroll by letter instead of just a page (13 jumps max up or down to get to anything would definitely be nice).
Done.

Pressing one more to the right past the scrollbar will bring up an Up and Down arrow, pressing enter while they are selected will allow the list to be skipped by letter (works in Actors and Directors too).
They can be held down too.

It's in my personal version and as commit from a clean official build (so it can be added if jingai sees fit.

I mostly did this for me, so if it doesn't see the light of day that's fine. Smile
now that i have you here and you look so vivid Laugh did you check out this ?

(2015-07-27, 15:13)great_vc Wrote: Also on the modified skin the votes appear correctly on the movie info page but when you play a movie and hit pause, on the pause screen the votes section says NA

tnx

-Vassilis
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Metropolis skin5