Disable "Welcome" Text from Windows 7 Welcome Screen
(2016-11-14, 08:47)Jackson11 Wrote: [quote pid='785794' dateline='1304083079']
deezp1 Wrote:1. Disable the "welcome" text and loading circle thingy from the windows welcome screen.

For Circle edit the file "imageres.dll" in system32 folder and suppress bitmaps (you have to take ownership of the file before).
After that if you see a ring again for a little time, you can also put a transparent cursor in these regedit keys:
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Cursors

deezp1 Wrote:Is there a way the welcome screen can be disabled all together? or at the very least disable the the "welcome" text?

I don't find any solution to remove welcome text but with "Windows 7 Logon Background Changer" you can remove shadows on the text and put a white backgroup where the text is (like on this video : the text is here but not visible)

Edit : I found a way to remove it or modify it with reshacker here.
deezp1 Wrote:2. After the welcome screen is finished loading, Hide or Disable the mouse cursor.

Use transparent cursor with the control panel.
You can find one here for example.

Did you use "run as administrator" on Resource Hacker?

Did you "copy and replace" the modified file from the Desktop into the System32 folder?

If you did, then try doing it while logged in another administrator account or in the built-in Administrator account to see if it may just be something wrong in your user account.
[/quote]

I followed this tutorial to reset the password, but at the last step when you reboot the machine and try to login from the command screen, it does not work. I get the response "The user name could not be found".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable "Welcome" Text from Windows 7 Welcome Screen0