Red/Green blocks all over the screen on playback??
Hello.

My second query in only a few days Huh

I ripped Madagascar escape 2 Africa to my htpc it played fine although I couldn't get it to go in to library mode doe to the title name.

I've now got this sorted thanks to this very helpful forum Smile

So I ripped gladiator (2000) the same way as Madagascar. Added to the library and I was Big Grin as I was finally getting somewhere.

I started playing Madagascar and it's slightly jumpy and every 10 - 20 seconds nearly the whole screen goes green/red/purple all over.

So tried gladiator and the same there. Tried re-starting the computer. No luck. I've got directX 11 installed, latest intel and gigabyte drivers installed.

Turned it ff yesterday and restarted this morning and the exact same trouble.

The only program running is xbmc and the windows OS.
Specs: i3 540 3.06 CPU. Gigabyte h55m with built in GPU. 4gb ram. Running through a HDMI from the mobo to my tele at 1080p. Software is windows 7 premium 64bit.

I'm sure it's not the file as I've had it playing once with no problems.

I have searched on here but the other problems seem to be a shadow effect where as mine just covers over the screen / not effecting the sound.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Mark Smile
Fixed......I'd turned allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2) on yesterday.

Switched it off and it works fine! Not quite sure how that works as I thought enabling it would assist playback? Oh well at least it's working :-)
There have been quite a few posts reporting problems with DXVA with the i3 embedded graphics. Fortunately the i3 is powerful enough to play most video without acceleration.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Red/Green blocks all over the screen on playback??0