How to check where xbmc is loading info from?
What would I do to check and see where xbmc is loading information about new films and tv shows from?

I'm convinced that it's loading the information from the internet when all my films and tv shows have nfo's, thumbnails etc in their folders.

I download all of these on my main pc and put them in the folders so I don't think that xbmc should take very long to add new media since all the hard work is done for it.

xbmc is running on a computer downstairs and connecting to my main desktop upstairs which is just serving the files.
Do the info and images match?

If they do, there's your answer.
Why is that the answer? XBMC could have pulled the info from the same place I got the info from via Media Companion.

Is there not a log file or something that I can enable that will tell me?

I don't think it should be taking hours to add a few hundred files to the system if I've already done all the hard work. IMO XBMC should just be reading off a network drive. Shouldn't take more than say 10 minutes.
check the log file - it will show you what xbmc is up to when if finds a file to add to the library and whether it's finding local info or not...
Hmmm, it seems to not be detecting the nfo's

So they have to be named a particular way?

I think all of mine are "movie.nfo" instead of for example "Armageddon.nfo"

Would that be causing the problem as to why they are not being detected?
unabatedshagie Wrote:Hmmm, it seems to not be detecting the nfo's

So they have to be named a particular way?

I think all of mine are "movie.nfo" instead of for example "Armageddon.nfo"

Would that be causing the problem as to why they are not being detected?

Movie.nfo is fine, provided all your movies are in individual folders (which I imagine they are). Put your of your nfo files onto pastebin.com and give us a link. Could be that there's a problem with your nfo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to check where xbmc is loading info from?0