urgent help. Cant connect NAS samba to atv2
I have a atv2 with a synology NAS running storing my media. When I try to connect to the samba share via the browse feature, I get "connection refused". I even tried typing in the samba share, with the same result. I have guest rights turned on in the NAS, I can see the uPnP share with no issues.

Before I got the NAS, I was just running a media server but got sick of it running all the time and ran just fine with the atv2

I downloaded XBMC and put it on my macbook and my regular notebook and both are able to see and save the samba share...which lets me play from it.

Whats the issue? How can I fix it.

thank you in advance
so I found this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=share

before I was jailbroken with pwnage tool, so I just re-jailbroke with seas0npass like they adviced and now I get "share not available"

they the heck is up with this POS Smile
well, I went to add network and left it at smb and just added the NAS IP and it was able to connect.

why can't I go through the browse way?
irate Wrote:well, I went to add network and left it at smb and just added the NAS IP and it was able to connect.

why can't I go through the browse way?

Browsing of Windows shares has been a hit-and-miss thing for as long as I can remember. I could explain how it worked 10 years ago but not sure if it's relevant now. Google "master browser smb"... there's some docs around that explain it a bit.

In my experience, it's always been more reliable to work with IP addresses when referencing SMB shares... eliminates many sources of errors and saves lots of troubleshooting time. This isn't always possible I know, but for home networks with a small number of devices it's usually manageable. Personally I use IP address reservations on my router so the IP of the computer I use for sharing never changes (but I can still config it as a DHCP client).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
urgent help. Cant connect NAS samba to atv20