Changing resolution and odd display problem
Hi all, I am running the latest version of XBMC Live on a Dell laptop using a port replicator. Its connected to my Samsung LN-S4095D LCD TV via VGA. Right now, I am running 1024 x 768 but want to go to a higher resolution. When I change the resolution within XBMC, XBMC only shows up on top 1/3 of the TV display. I did a basic attempt of drawing what it looks like below.

I've done my fair share of googling as I am somewhat of a Linux noob but have not been able to get anywhere. Thoughts?

lspci is reporting:

VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

-----------------------
---------- |
///////////| |
///////////| |
---------- |
|
|
|
-----------------------
Figured it out...trying to go to a resolution that was not supported. Ended up with 1260 x 1024.
I think this is because you have the same problem I do! Are you using a 16x9 display? That is not a 16x9 resolution.

I have a motherboard with integrated LVDS port. It seems that in Mint Video mirrorring is activated by default despite lack of LVDS display. I can deactivate it for mint and set 16x9 resolutions but i can not deactivate it for XBMC , at least yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing resolution and odd display problem0