Turn off hdmi audio?
Hi,

I have the atv2 connected to an amp with an optical cable and to my tv with hdmi. I want to send audio to the amp so it can decode dts/dd but when I set audio output to optical, even though sound is ok throught the amp I also get noise from the tv. Is there a way to switch off hdmi audio so my tv only receives video?

Thanks,
Michael
mpikounis Wrote:Hi,

I have the atv2 connected to an amp with an optical cable and to my tv with hdmi. I want to send audio to the amp so it can decode dts/dd but when I set audio output to optical, even though sound is ok throught the amp I also get noise from the tv. Is there a way to switch off hdmi audio so my tv only receives video?

Thanks,
Michael

Nope.
Mute?

Turn Volume down?

Buy a HDMI Amp?
Image Don't even think about my mother!
I have exactly the same problem,
TV can be muted, but a stupid logo appears on screen and it wont save audio levels between source inputs.

Just having to put up with turning the TV volume down if watching something with digital audio on XBMC
assuming your TV has optical out ....
your tv should have an external speaker option, turn that to on (even though no optical cable is connected) ... that should take care of your problem
HDMI audio crashes my AppleTV2

I've chosen the optical/coax out setting on the AppleTV2, am sending that to the optical in on my amplifier, but it still seems to use the HDMI cable to send audio. Half the time i'm using the AppleTV2 to stream music from my server so i don't need the TV on but if i turn it off the AppleTV2 hangs Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn off hdmi audio?0