How to update my asrock 330 with XBMC Live 9.11
I have an asrock 330 with XBMC Live 9.11 R26018 installed.

Ever since I have the problem that it doesn't want to read any USB drives. if i connect one to it, nothing happens and I also can't find it under 'add sources'.

So now i'd like to update my system to the latest stable version. Can someone tell me how to do that without losing my movies, custom movietitles i've set, artwork i've chosen and so on?

thanks!
You can't, at least not in an easy way one-command-sets-it-all. It's not impossible but can generate more problems to the least tech-savvy user than those it's meant to solve.

It involves a lot more than a few commands, some knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu) and a lot of patience.
My advice? If some functionalities are already broken, start fresh!

Backup the ~/.xbmc folder on to another machine if you want to keep the library, configs and other files, download XBMC Live and install again. A clean start.

Or download OpenELEC and test it. I have 2 Asrock 330 like yours and they work beautifully.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to update my asrock 330 with XBMC Live 9.110