Where have the network settings gone
Hi All

I upgraded from 9 to 10 and I can;t for the life of me find where to change the network from DHCP to static and assign the address.

I was under Network in 9, but now there is nothing that I can find at all.

Using the default skin for both versions.

How do I set it to static?

Thanks

Mick
You can't. It was removed.
I guess the devs thought it wasn't XBMC's work to mess with IPs, DNS, DHCP, etc.

The good news is that a new network config GUI is coming. With Wi-Fi support.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
That is a shame - having a moving target on a network where you do control is not good.

Thanks

Mick
It required root and didn't work on more recent linux IIRC we decided to remove it. As said a new non-root which supports wifi is coming (hopefully for eden).

I have done most of the work but am currently without wireless router so cannot finish it up, I will have access to this in a few weeks and will hopefully revisit then.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
If you absolutely must change the network config to static, you can SSH in or alt+tab to a tty interface and edit /etc/network/interfaces.

Here's mine:
Code:
# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 10.10.10.30
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.10.10.1

So to change from DHCP to a static address, you can either comment out the "iface eth0 inet dhcp" line or just change it to "static" as I did with mine and just fill in the IP address, netmask, and gateway information. BTW, yours may not be eth0, so you'll need to make sure you match up the interface name with the actual interface.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where have the network settings gone0