Playback / library issues on current build
Hey there XBMC community,

just finished setting up my HTPC at home (Chenbro case, Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3 board, Intel i3-2100T CPU, 4gb DD3 RAM, Windows 7 Enterprise 64) and installed XBMC on it.

Everything worked like a charm - kudos to the XBMC team. Now I ran into some issues though.

The library won't list any of the TVshows that I have ISO files for. For instance I have the ISO files of my 15 Animaniacs DVDs - the library gets the info for the show Animaniacs but I can't play any of the files. Is there an additional download necessary to play ISOs, IMGs or DVD structures?

An even worse issue are MKV playbacks though. Both 720p and 1080p files will play, I get sound and everything - but the playback looks terrible ... basically just a bunch of pixels, all chompy, you can't really discern anything. According to the log the CPUs run at about 5% during playback - so that can't be the issue - seems more like some codecs are missing. Is there a codec pack I first need to install?

Cheers and thanks for your help - and sorry if those questions had been asked already, I tried the search but all I found was MKVs being laggy after a few weeks / months or not having audio ...

Edit: Been experimenting some more with the settings, and after I disabled "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" MKV playback works "somewhat" - although now I seem to a have a refresh rate problem - but I'm working on it Wink Still couldn't find anything about ISO / IMG playback Sad
Answering myself here - my refresh rate problem was solved by switching back to xbmc 10.0 - now all i gotta find out is how to make the isos work for TV shows Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback / library issues on current build0