• 15(current)
[RELEASE] Subsonic
I see I can download a more current version of subsonic from their web site (5.2.1) but that's in a tar format. Synology allows you to manually install .spk files. I tried renaming the .tar file to .spk but I got an "invalid file format error".
Ok I managed to get subsonic accessible via upnp on Kodi, however, when I try to play back a music file by browsing to "Music, Files, Subsonic ...) I get the error:

Play back failed - One or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details.

When I check the log file I see no references to music or to subsonic around the time when I tried to play the mp3.
Question - do I still need to scan the subsonic upnp music folders and add them to the Kodi library in order to be able to play them?
Hi, I have got exactly the same problem.
Someone can help us? Thank in advance.
When I try to play music served by subsonic via upnp absolutely nothing happens. Also, when I have "queue next song for playback" (or something to that effect) enabled in Kodi's music settings, Kodi gives me an error stating it doesn't know what song to play next.

Would someone happen to know what might be going on? Thanks...
Same. I try to stream music from subsonic via upnp in kodi I get the same error message.
I've long since given up on this add-on working anymore. I don't have the time (and maybe not the Python skills) to fix it personally. But I found a better solution, I started using the new music capabilities in Plex and added that as a UPNP source, works great, and pulls in all of the artist images.
Sorry, not going to use plex. Terrible program. I'd just do straight kodi before I'd do plex.
It works great for me. What is terrible about it?
Subsonic addon working here. Updated the script versions and such. Tested it on Windows 10 (64-bit) with Kodi 16.1, Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon (64-Bit) with Kodi 16.1 and OpenElec 15.2.

Have it in my Dropbox at: https://db.tt/Lg6SveY0
(2016-07-17, 21:48)SpudSong Wrote: Subsonic addon working here. Updated the script versions and such. Tested it on Windows 10 (64-bit) with Kodi 16.1, Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon (64-Bit) with Kodi 16.1 and OpenElec 15.2.

Works! Thanks! Nod
(2016-07-17, 21:48)SpudSong Wrote: Subsonic addon working here. Updated the script versions and such. Tested it on Windows 10 (64-bit) with Kodi 16.1, Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon (64-Bit) with Kodi 16.1 and OpenElec 15.2.

Hey. Thanks for this. Consider creating your own release thread?

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
You're welcome. Glad it's working again.

I really don't have the commitment or time to maintain my own thread. I've gotten a lots of tips and assistance on various matters from these forums in the past and just wanted to give something back.
(2016-07-18, 03:58)SpudSong Wrote: You're welcome. Glad it's working again.

I really don't have the commitment or time to maintain my own thread. I've gotten a lots of tips and assistance on various matters from these forums in the past and just wanted to give something back.
I had been thinking of trying to do this myself, but I'm not a programmer, so it would have taken me forever to figure it out. I'm looking forward to testing it when I get home. Subsonic's library organization is so much better for me than Kodi's. What did you have to change to get it working again?

Thank you for the great add-on. It is working great with OSMC.

Cheers!
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Subsonic1